Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 12:33:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Aircraft on land remain on display

Started by gcopter1, April 07, 2018, 09:00:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gcopter1

My apologies if this has been answered before, just can't word the question correctly in order for the search to return the answer I'm looking for.
I've done a complete re install of my OS and PP.
Trying to get PP to look and act as before.

On PP, after the aircraft have landed, they're still displayed. This is happening wit shared aircraft, there's a user south of me that has better coverage of the airport where the target that have landed, are still showing.

What setting do I look for, I tried the Omit/Delete box but the targets return after awhile.

Triple7

Not sure exactly what you want but you could set the chart options - Green spanner (wrench) setting to only display aircraft (say) 1 ft above the ground that will remove all ground traffic - see below screen grab. Click on the button showing the altitudes and amend to suit and click OK.

Otherwise the omit / delete set to a short time period should work.

Tim

[Attachment deleted by Admin to save file space]
SBS-1eR, FA ProStick + 1090 filter

gcopter1

In your example, the highlighted button, is for altitudes between 1ft and 10,000?

If I were to change that on mine to avoid aircraft between 0ft. and 100 I would need to edit it to 1-010?

Having a hard time figuring out the math :).

So used to dealing in thousands for flight levels...

IanH

Use 1 in first box and 100 in second box to restrict between FL 001 and FL100.

FL350 = 35,000, so FL001 = 100 ft and FL100 =10000 ft (add two zeroes to FL)

gcopter1

Got it, thanks. Gotta lower that some more in my case. When the planes are like, on short final, about 300 feet, that's when I see them stopped. I figure that's when I loose coverage. I was playing with that setting before I headed out to work. I was trying to find a combination of FL and omit/delete. In my preliminary change of settings, it seemed that I would need a combination of both to keep them off the screen. Will be doing some more fine tuning when I get back home. Thanks.