Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 01:46:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Feature Request - ModeSMixer2

Started by jvhutchisonjr, August 06, 2018, 09:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jvhutchisonjr

Feature Request

A local MLAT group that I am in has created a spreadsheet to calculate expected message rates and efficiencies of our setups. The only two entries I am interested in seeing implemented in any ADS-B performance readout are A/C in view and message rate. I had proposed to FlightAware devs a couple years ago to implement it on users' status page, and they requested that I poll the community for interest. We figured if Message Rate divided by AC in View could give us an efficiency rating (even if it is an arbitrary number), it would help compare performance between stations, e.g., station close to an airport with poor performance would have a lower rating than another station, regardless of it's location that has a higher rating.

I see on my FA status page multiple stations that are very near an airport that have higher A/C in view but significantly lower message rates than my station.

It would also give me a baseline to go by when I make changes to my setup while trying to squeeze out more performance.

airvb

;)Hello ,
First Very good job .

Why don't change google maps for openstreet map ?

herrmann-s

would be gerat to have also the posibility to filter an icao hex range. i live on a big hill and i would like to reduce the traffic a little. also i want to filter "uninteresting" airplanes/countries before it feeds basestation.
for example:

modesmixer2.exe --inConnect 192.168.1.2:50042  blabla -filter AC0000 ADFFFF  -filter 3A0000 3BFFFF

means that all aircrafts between range  AC0000 ADFFFF and  3A0000 3BFFFF wont pass modesmixer.