Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 04:43:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

SBS-1 Ethernet problem/query

Started by DaveReid, April 18, 2022, 09:50:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oblivian

You likely have a fixed IP already set on that NIC then.

Or it would default to 169.254.x.x fallback as the others will be experiencing and reporting an unknown network.

Ipconfig /all
Will confirm.

Anmer

Thanks Oblivian.

I'll test again using your suggestion and report back.  Both my SBS-1eR and SBS-3 have working Ethernet modules.
Here to Help.

Anmer

Set the IPv4 to a fixed IP address and nothing changed.

The Ethenet port on the desktop works as I sometimes use it to connect to my router via powerline adapters.
Here to Help.

DaveReid

Quote from: Oblivian on April 28, 2022, 08:31:30 AMYou likely have a fixed IP already set on that NIC then.

Or it would default to 169.254.x.x fallback as the others will be experiencing and reporting an unknown network

Yes, the NIC that talks to my SBS (or used to) has a static IP address on the appropriate subnet (it's separate from my wireless and wired LANs).

But I'm confident that my particular problem has nothing to do with IP addresses, it's definitely hardware.

Anmer

Quote from: DaveReid on April 28, 2022, 08:22:25 PM
But I'm confident that my particular problem has nothing to do with IP addresses, it's definitely hardware.

I have Kinetic's Lantronix reset utility if you want to give it a try?
Here to Help.

DaveReid

Quote from: Anmer on April 28, 2022, 08:50:05 PM
Quote from: DaveReid on April 28, 2022, 08:22:25 PM

I have Kinetic's Lantronix reset utility if you want to give it a try?

I'm happy to try anything !

Anmer

Here to Help.

DaveReid

Thanks for the utility.

Sadly, the SBS-1eR refuses to acknowledge receipt of any packets from the PC, nor the PC to recognise that there's anything on the end of the Ethernet cable.

So it's back to USB, which isn't a big deal as the box sits 3 feet away from the PC, plus I plan to substitute my SBS-3 for it (once I work out how to feed two apps from it that both need raw data - but that's for another thread  :) )

Again, thanks for your help.

Dave

Anmer

Quote from: DaveReid on April 30, 2022, 08:13:58 AM
once I work out how to feed two apps from it that both need raw data - but that's for another thread  :) )

ModeSMixer2  ;D

Works a treat.
Here to Help.

DaveReid

Quote from: Anmer on April 30, 2022, 08:22:44 AM
Quote from: DaveReid on April 30, 2022, 08:13:58 AM
once I work out how to feed two apps from it that both need raw data - but that's for another thread  :) )

ModeSMixer2  ;D

Works a treat.

Yes, it looks like that's going to be the best route.

I have a few queries re ModeSMixer, but I'll post those in the appropriate thread.

Dave