Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:42:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Help with networking SBS-1er

Started by egnx, August 22, 2018, 10:12:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

egnx

Thanks, I see your email and will act on it when I get home later.

Should the reboot of the SBS-1er be obvious after the settings have been applied ? Having done that a few times now, I have never noticed anything happening after the apply setting progress bar has finished.

The "Lantronix Device Installer" software that I have been using (to just look at the config after making the changes) does allow you to change the ip address but it mentions that it should not be done via a router or Gateway. Does this apply to the reset util you provided ? If that is the case then I need to get a cross over cable before I can connect direct to the SBS-1er from my pc.

Anmer

I haven't used the utility for years but I'm pretty sure it will work using patch/straight Ethernet cable connected to the router or PC.

The SBS shouldn't need a reboot.

The email has step-by-step instructions which have definitely worked for others recently.

Here to Help.

egnx

I used the EM reset utility, followed all the instructions and bingo all is now working!!

Many thanks for your help with this, much appreciated.

Kelvin

Anmer

Fantastic.  I'm really pleased you got this resolved.
Here to Help.

Maxie39

Hello Anmer/other users,

I am fairly new to the SBS-1eR and new on this forum. But I read this topic and it seems that I also have this problem. I can connect the SBS-1eR via USB to my basestation perfectly, but when I want to connect it with ethernet it does not work. The IP address is 192.168.1.170 and Port 10001.

I can ping the network. The leds in front show only a red one on the left, and three blue leds on the right. No ethernet led (yellow) turns on. When using the USB, the led for USB also turns on and the connection turns on.

Is it also possible that after a reset of the EM it works? What do you guys think?

Anmer

Welcome.

When you ping 192.168.1.170 what result do you get?

Resetting the Lantronix device may help.
Here to Help.

Maxie39

When I ping 192.168.1.170 I just get the packets received/sent. In windows all 4 packets received and sent well. In Linux the ping just goes on and on.

Resetting the device? By just turning it OFF/ON again? Or is there another way?

Anmer

Thanks.

How familiar are you with the Basestation software?

When you connect using Ethernet, are you changing the data source in BaseStation?

Settings -> Data Source -> Use Network
Here to Help.

Maxie39

Hello Anmer, thank you for the quick reqply.

yes I am aware of that setting, when I set it to Use Network I also restart the Basestation software. I read that somewhere in the ReferenceManual.

Also, under Hardware Settings > Network   I have filled in 192.168.1.170  Port 10001. I can also login to the Lantronix XPort Device Server configuration Manager via the IP address through my web browser. I also tried to do a 'Apply Default' but no luck.

Any ideas?

Anmer

Thanks again.

There's no need to restart the BaseStation app when you change the data source.

Is the Ethernet cable from the SBS-1eR connected to a router/access point or your PC?
Here to Help.

Maxie39

I could've also added that.

I am using a Windows 10 laptop, connected directly into the ethernet port. I have made an address on the port 192.168.1.10. In wireshark I can also see that it is connecting (ACK). But somehow basestation is not connecting with it..

EDIT: See attached screenshot of the wireshark connection.

[attachment deleted reduce file load]

Anmer

Sorry about all the questions.

Connecting an Ethernet device directly to a PC usually requires a cross-over cable.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethernet_crossover_cable

The SBS-1eR possibly cannot handle the use of a non-crossover cable.  I can't be sure but I rememeber this was an issue when the SBS ethernet option was released.

Can you connect the SBS-1eR to a router or network access point and try again?
Here to Help.

Maxie39

Aah okay. I can yes, I will try and come back to you!

Anmer

Please let me know how you get on.
Here to Help.

Maxie39

I connected a switch but it still doesn't seem to work. I connected it as folllows|:

PC <NetworkCable> switch <NetworkCable> SBS-1eR