Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:06:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Active Display Pro wont install after its been uninstalled.

Started by ben2311, October 07, 2018, 04:42:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ben2311

HI, i've just had to uninstall AD Pro due to it not working properly,  i then went to install it again and it just keeps saying its already installed in a file that doesn't exist.  Anyone have any ideas on what i can do, if anything.  I have emailed AD to see if they can help.

Anmer

From memory, AD installs some files in App Data and you may need to find and delete them.

I have this old email from the late Gary Jones that was referencing a similar issue:

Don't fiddle with the registry, AD has nothing there and it is all controlled by .NET and upsetting .NET is terminal.

Not knowing what folders and files are lost (can he not reinstate from the recycle bin?), I suggest an uninstall via Control Panel which is standard practice anyway.

If he then gets a Microsoft message on reinstall saying 'Contact your Administrator', then the .NET structure has been screwed up.

There is a get out here but see if the uninstall/reinstall works first. If not, see what message he gets as that could nail it better.

I thought I had other emails but I can't find them.  Maybe deleting .net and reinstalling may help?

I suspect you won't get too much help from Gatwick Aviation Society.  AD is no longer supported since Gary passed away.
Here to Help.

ben2311

I uninstalled it but now all i get is this when i try to install, even though i have removed everything.
You cannot start application Active Display 1.64.5.1 from location file:///C:/active%20Display%20Pro/ActiveDisplay.application it is already installed from location file:///C:/Users/Ben/AppData/Local/Temp/Rar$EXa8144.47477/ActiveDisplay.application. You can start it from location file:///C:/Users/Ben/AppData/Local/Temp/Rar$EXa8144.47477/ActiveDisplay.application or you can uninstall it and reinstall it from location file:///C:/active%20Display%20Pro/ActiveDisplay.application. If you reinstall the application, be aware that you might lose any customizations that you made to the application.

Anmer

Here to Help.

ben2311

Anmer

Here to Help.

ben2311

It was incredibly slow and jerky, that is why i uninstalled it.  Am thinking about just doing a reformat of the PC

Anmer

Here to Help.

ben2311

Have sorted it, but only by doing a half format, so getting rid of everything but personal file.  I works just, am trying to get my silhouettes on it

ben2311

It is just so painfully slow and no pictures at all, am really starting to get pissed about this.

Anmer

What part is slow?  Have you mapped AD to your "active" BaseStation.sqb file?
Here to Help.

ben2311

Once you press start it is incredibly slow in updating, i have mapped it to my basestation db in appdata but it is just unusable at the moment

Anmer

Your sqb file shouldn't be in the AppData folder, unless you specifically installed BaseStation there.
Here to Help.

ben2311

got database working sort of :) now getting a GP05 photo download failed error.  I'm getting no photo's at all, i've set the JPEG folder but no luck.

menhams-j

I am getting the same problem with AD Pro download failed error I have not had Active Display pro for nearly 2 years and contacting AD Support they are not answering. Anybody that can still get it is lucky. I still get AD Lite I have no problem with this. In AD Pro I could still get the photos I did it manually with Airlines photo section.