Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 03, 2024, 03:07:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

SBS1 Client - Technical questions

Started by jerry@darkcyde.org, August 13, 2015, 06:55:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jerry@darkcyde.org

Anmer, I have a couple of technicals questions that I hope you are going to be able to answer.

Firstly. is there any way to get the client to connect to a rebroadcast server set up in VRS and have it transmit the data that the client would nomally send?

The reason I ask is that when I try and connect to the rebroadcast server, the same type of error message keeps appearing "unable to connect, please make sure the receiver is an SBSxx TCP. It's also failing at "Authenticating" when pointing it at the SBS-3 directly . The BS debug shows "new raw connection, 10053 raw socket error, disconnect" messages.

Secondly, I understand the SBS1 Receiver Configuration section, but what is the Basestation port in the additional config section?

The client appears to be the only one I am trying to run that doeasn't seem to want to play nice. I am feeding FR24, ADSBHub, and a private MLAT server, each one using their own feeder software, and all working fine.

Many thanks for your continued advice

Jerry

Anmer

SBS1 Client was developed many years ago to share data in BaseStation, nowhere else.  The sharing application had to be hosted somewhere and FR24 offered this in exchange for the data being used by FR24.  This is clearly explained in the User Guide.

Basically, SBS1 Client acts as a proxy SBS, combining data from one's own receiver with those selected from the list of other SBS1 Client contributors.

It was never intended that SBS1 Client data should be shared elsewhere.

There is an option to output the local receiver data for PlanePlotter and this may be a solution as it outputs shared and local data to different ports.  See page 6 of the Guide.  But I'm away from home until next week and can't easily check or test this.  I also suspect that the SBS1 Client developer may not be available to assist.  Data sharing has moved a long way since SBS1 Client was first conceived.

As for the port option, this is explained on page 13. 
Here to Help.

cavewood1962

hi any advice on sbs1 client I had to reinstall and I cant remember my password can I reset or any other ideas

keith

Anmer

Hi

I can see your SBS1 Client account.

Can I get back to you tomorrow with the solution?
Here to Help.

Anmer

Good Morning.

I've replied to your Personal Message with a new password.
Here to Help.