Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 10:31:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Basestation Reporter Issue

Started by stephenjenningscov, May 06, 2016, 09:07:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephenjenningscov

Hi,
I hope someone can help me with a slight problem.

I have recently started adding entries manually to my Basestation.SQB file using the SQLLite software.
Generally, it's ok, and when the aircraft I've added actually appear during a SBS session, the details are fine on the radar screen.

However, what I have noticed is that the Basestation Reporter can no longer open the file and I just an empty list and some messages which seem to imply there is some sort of SQL error.

Even if I remove all the records I have manually added, it can't open it anymore either even though I know that it could before the manual additions.

Any thoughts?

Many thanks...Steve

Anmer

What operating system are you using?

Does Reporter open OK?  If it does, are all the records empty and do you get an error message?

Are you using SQLite when BaseStation is running?
Here to Help.

stephenjenningscov

Hi Anmer,
  The Reporter does open ok, but no data is displayed.

The error message isn't immediately showing, but  if I click the Reports Icon it is displayed then.  I am not at home at the moment but I will screenshot the details tonight. From memory it says something about an invalid Boolean integer, which might mean there is something invalid in one of the data fields.
Although when I browse my new records in SQLLite I can't see anything obviously incorrect.

I did some manual entries with Basestation running and sometimes without.

Regards...Steve

Anmer

Thanks Steve, a screen capture will help.

What Windows version are you using?  And what is the Reporter path? 
Here to Help.

stephenjenningscov

Hi Anwer,
  I am using Windows 8, but if I copy the amended SQB file to my old Vista machine, I get the same symptoms when opening it with the Basestation Reporter I still have on that PC.

Sorry, I am not sure what you mean by Reporter path? 

Regards..Steve

Anmer

If you have a desktop shortcut for Reporter, right click and select Properties to display this window or similar.

Target should show were the Reporter exe is located.

Look forward to viewing the screen capture error message.

[Attachment deleted by Admin to save file space]
Here to Help.

stephenjenningscov

Hi Anwer, here is  the error message:

App: BaseStation Reporter
Version: 1.0.0.28

ERROR(S)

Occurred : 17:50:39.228 2016/05/06
Error : EConvertError - 'B' is not a valid boolean value
Previous : O-WriteToDebugMemo | I-WriteToDebugMemo | I-ActionReportsAircraftReportExecute | O-WriteToDebugMemo | I-WriteToDebugMemo | I-DoInitAircraftQuery | O-FormCreate.RestorePersistantUIConfigValues | I-FormCreate.RestorePersistantUIConfigValues | O-FormCreate.RestoreUILayout | I-FormCreate.RestoreUILayout | O-WriteToDebugMemo | I-WriteToDebugMemo | O-WriteToDebugMemo | I-WriteToDebugMemo | I-FormCreate | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | - | -

Anmer

Thanks.

My guess is the SQB file now has invalid characters which Reporter doesn't like.

If you rename the active Basestation.sqb file to something like "BaseStation.sqbold" and restart BaseStation, it will create a new, empty sqb file.  Then run Reporter and see if you still get the error?
Here to Help.

stephenjenningscov

Thanks Anwer,
  I think you are right. 
It created a new SQB file which didnt error in the Reporter. To take it a stage further I then manually added another record to the new file, and again it opened successfully in Reporter.

So it does point to a corrupt record in there. Could be tricky to locate!

Anmer

Quote from: stephenjenningscov on May 06, 2016, 06:44:54 PM
So it does point to a corrupt record in there. Could be tricky to locate!

Needles and haystacks come to mind  ???
Here to Help.

stephenjenningscov

Found 2 records in error (out of 39000) after a long process of chopping the file down into smaller chunks and seeing which chunks worked and which ones didnt.

Error 1.  I somehow overwrote the FirstCreated date field on one of the older records with an invalid value

Error 2. I input a 'B' into the 'Interested' field. Valid values are 0 (Not interested) and -1 (Interested).

Thanks for your help Anwer.  Lesson learned is to be more careful !

Anmer

Well done, glad you found the cause. 10/10 for tenacity.  :)
Here to Help.

deedaa1950

hi there has anyone know how to remove blank entries in basestation reporter I have a lot of them with no details of the mode s code which is showing and on checking through several sources without finding any details too

Truetrack

The BS Reporter is just a viewer where you can add/delete any shown field
which is then written to Basestation sqb.
except the Mode-S Entry field itself.
Therefore you have to access the Basestation SQB directly,
there are a variety of DB-Browsers available to do this without risking spoiling your
precious SQB-file.
You may want to look into
BasestationReferenceManual
and
http://woodair.net/SBS/Article/Barebones.htm
here Tutorial 3.4
And BTW you may use the Reporter also when Basestation is not running,
aslong as the SQB is the same Folder where your Reporter is.
Myself using DB Browser for SQLite in respective Win version.
Klaus

Smudger98

I use ADLite from gatwick aviation services (GAS) - (free version) and gives you the chance to change,delete or add modes hex codes.
http://www.gatwickaviationsociety.org.uk/modeslookup.asp

Quote from: deedaa1950 on March 27, 2019, 03:45:31 PM
hi there has anyone know how to remove blank entries in basestation reporter I have a lot of them with no details of the mode s code which is showing and on checking through several sources without finding any details too
Tomorrow is not Guaranteed  - So make the most of to-day !!!
SBS-1 User and a Tecno Numpty !!