Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 02:11:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

ModesMixer2 on Bookworm

Started by Oldfella, November 20, 2023, 12:52:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldfella

Successfully updated RPi4 to Bookworm from Bullseye. Installed FlightAware and running OK but having a dickens trying to run ModesMixer2 on the new OS.

It has been a while since Sergsero updated ModesMixer and I wonder if that some of the systems used in his programme have been superseded by more advance systems so that, unfortunately MM2 has become unworkable.

Has anybody tried this approach to update and have been successful?
Oldfella

Anmer

Where we're you running ModeSMixer?  On what device?
Here to Help.

Oldfella

Quote from: Anmer on November 20, 2023, 01:40:03 PMWhere we're you running ModeSMixer?  On what device?
Sorry Anmer, my omission, tried to reinstall ModesMixer back onto the RPi4.

When I did a status report (see attached) shows an error occurs.  :o

Thanks for your time.
Oldfella

rikgale

Are you able to scroll to the right on that screen (use the right arrow keys) so we can see what the error is?

Auto updated daily ZIP files on GitHub

Oldfella

Quote from: rikgale on November 20, 2023, 08:01:44 PMAre you able to scroll to the right on that screen (use the right arrow keys) so we can see what the error is?
Oops should have done that in the first place.

Interesting, I have always used that same inServer setting in the past, never any problems.
Oldfella

Oldfella

Thanks rikgale for asking that question. Just spotted my deliberate mistake. Got my INS and OUTS mixed up. Another seniors moment, the trouble now is that they are getting closer together. :-[

Also sorted now, working as Sergsero intended it to.
Oldfella

Anmer

Well done Rik for nudging you in the right direction.  ;)

Glad it's all sorted and thanks for updating this thread.
Here to Help.

Oldfella

Just a further note re Bookworm and MM2, the MM2 webpage (ip:8787) now only shows the heading and no details.
A small sacrifice to pay just to get MM2 working on RPI Bookworm so it can connect and feed the other programmes.

Oldfella

bumpy_up_here

Strangely enough, that is exactly the screenshot I was trying to post on my reciprocal topic, Oldfella, upgrading to 64-bit Bullseye - see Anmer's reply to my topic if you wish to pursue this. I haven't tried what he suggested ie. installing 32 bit not 64 bit mm2.

Paul.

Oldfella

Thanks Paul for the heads up. Will give the 32 bit ago.
Oldfella