Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:11:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Buying a RadarBox? Read this First

Started by Anmer, April 21, 2013, 08:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anmer

If you're thinking of buying a RadarBox, read this post from the AirNav Forum.

It says it all:

"The polished look to the program was one of the reasons I went with a Radarbox. Little did I know that a new version hadn't been released in years and by the look of it, won't be released anytime soon.

With the price of an RTL dongle and Planeplotter being so low, you would think AirNav would protect it's high price point for the Radarbox and network access by continuing development and keeping it's customers happy.

My Radarbox sits idle now and I won't be renewing my network access subscription when it's up. I've already gone through one long outage with no compensation for the lost time."

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=7615.msg91927#msg91927
Here to Help.

birdie

Quote from: Anmer on April 21, 2013, 08:50:08 AM
If you're thinking of buying a RadarBox, read this post from the AirNav Forum.

It says it all:

"The polished look to the program was one of the reasons I went with a Radarbox. Little did I know that a new version hadn't been released in years and by the look of it, won't be released anytime soon.

With the price of an RTL dongle and Planeplotter being so low, you would think AirNav would protect it's high price point for the Radarbox and network access by continuing development and keeping it's customers happy.

My Radarbox sits idle now and I won't be renewing my network access subscription when it's up. I've already gone through one long outage with no compensation for the lost time."

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=7615.msg91927#msg91927

Welcome to "The Club".

Lets see how long this guy survive before being banned for posting the truth.

I was deceived by their polished marketing materials and bought the Radarbox. Now, I regretted for life.

To give "Unique Coverage of WSSS" in www.Radarbox24.com !

Sun Worshipper

QuoteI was deceived by their polished marketing materials and bought the Radarbox. Now, I regretted for life.

Welcome to a very large club :'(

birdie

Quote from: Sun Worshipper on April 22, 2013, 01:49:49 PM
QuoteI was deceived by their polished marketing materials and bought the Radarbox. Now, I regretted for life.

Shall we think of a name for The Club - remember, we are BANNED in AirNav Forum - for telling the truth.

I got banned AGAIN - for don't know what reason  - I didn't post anything in their forum for months.

sterigia

hi all banned again permanently for the usual reason and thread locked. also  banned with my other alias from radarbox24 forum... beat this and welcome me to the club!!!
the mods think i have many aliases but i  had only two. they are really paranoid.
by the way does anyone know how to stop recurring credit card charges. support have not yet answered and a week has passed
ciao
frank

rb off sbsmk1 on fr24 feeder
no more free meals for radarbox or radarbox24. rb turned on without antenna permanently

mhm

For credit cards you have to contact the people you gave your details too.

That's one reason I never have recurring charges on credit card.
Mike
Colon Cancer Survivor for the Time Being

Sun Worshipper

Recurring credit card charging, data sharing always defaults to on, does anyone see a pattern here?

Unfortunately, recurring payments are becoming more of the norm in the UK.  You have to 'opt out' so to speak rather than opt in.  I've never been comfortable with this type of payment and think it should be outlawed as a shady practice.

Moan over.

Anmer

Quote from: sterigia on May 06, 2013, 11:53:31 PM
by the way does anyone know how to stop recurring credit card charges. support have not yet answered and a week has passed
ciao
frank

Hi Frank

Welcome.  They banned me on RB24 Facebook too.

Have you tried speaking to your card issuer?
Here to Help.

Sun Worshipper

I would ignore support, anyway, it's not the kind of question they will want to answer quickly.

I think the company handling the network subscriptions on behalf of Air Nav is Plimus sales? or something very similar.  When I cancelled my subscription I contacted them direct and everything went well.  However, I do know of others that did the same thing and ended up having to chase refund payments from them.  I suppose when you deal with Air nav and their suppliers  >:( nothing is straightforward!

Good luck!

sterigia

it's now bluesnap i have opened a dispute as arinav support will not answer my requests and i will never again share neither radarbox non radarbox24 until i get something in return for my data... the reason for being banned as usual
ciao
frank
thank you for the welcome into the club mike....
no more free meals for radarbox or radarbox24. rb turned on without antenna permanently

birdie

Quote from: sterigia on May 06, 2013, 11:53:31 PM
ciao
frank

rb off sbsmk1 on fr24 feeder

Call your Credit Card and tell them to terminate all charges made to AirNav.

alternatively, terminate your credit card and get a new one.

birdie

Quote from: Sun Worshipper on April 22, 2013, 01:49:49 PM

You are most welcomed !

This guy got his thread LOCKED.

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=7697.0

sardus2

don't want to pay for network any longer
« on: May 02, 2013, 10:49:03 am »
hi how can i  opt out from paying for network any longer. i just got charged 72 euros for the privilege of feeding the network and rb24. i am thinking of pulling the plug on both feeding and rb, sorry but it is just too much even if it is a long standing issue but it is even more actual with the rb24 feeds now
Runway 31

Database Updaters

Re: don't want to pay for network any longer
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 11:10:38 am »
I would have thought you would have been better to go direct to support.  I cant understand why you would pay and then complain would have thought it would have been easier to do before you pay, especially with your previous posts on the matter.

Alan
sardus2

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 11:34:14 am »
i just did not know who to contact. thank you for having helped me make up my mind. as Always airnav is courteous and customer friendly..now would you be so kind as to give me the email which i must contact
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 11:36:57 am by sardus2 »
Marpleman

Proper aeroplanes!

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 11:57:28 am »
Why not go for the cheaper option,buy a house in an area that AirNav are desparate to get coverage from for their latest venture of feeding RB24,rather than focus "resources" on what existing customers want, and get free network coverage,AND a free box as well!!!!!!

Gosh,how stupid we've all been
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 12:30:34 pm by Marpleman »
RodBearden

Rod's RadarBox Downloads

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2013, 01:16:01 pm »
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html or email support@airnavsystems.com

Rod
Runway 31

Database Updaters

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2013, 01:22:57 pm »
Sardus,

I have nothing to do with Airnav.  You stated you no longer wished to receive the service you paid for I suggested you contact support as they are the only ones who can help you and the can be contacted at support@airnavsystems.com

Alan
AirNav Support

AirNav Systems

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2013, 01:31:01 pm »
We are going to lock this post as its clearly indicated at causing trouble. sardus2 you know exactly how to contact us (as you have done in the past under your many different usernames) but just creating a post to cause trouble.

Also the RB boxes given for coverage amount to less than 1% of the boxes sold, also they were only started to be given out 5 years after the product was launched.

sterigia

i'm the guy who had his thread locked and also a second permanent ban as a gift.... i too was attracted by the poliched look of the software which i still like but i don't want to give away my data for nothing in return but it is a recurring subject on airnav forums and whoever brings it up gets banned. data costs, pc's electricity, adsl bills etc. plus you must pay for the privilege of sharing. i will never understand how it works or how they keep getting new customers. obviously like me they don't do proper research into what they are buying, i think i will keep my rb on without anttenna atached until my subscription ends or i sell it.
ciao
ps no answer as yet from  support nor bluesnap.
next week i will call the credit card company

birdie

If you want reply from AirNav Support - the sun must rise from the West and set in the East.

kdt1

Still painful I see Andréa will eventually fall over some day and here with fingers crossed sooner than later.

poof (Airnave be gone)