Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:46:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

DaveReid's Start RadarBox with Sharing Disabled

Started by Hamish McTorsk, January 28, 2012, 07:36:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hamish McTorsk

A labour saving utility that will start RadarBox with the Share Data option unchecked.

If you don't want to upload your data to the AirNav server, this will save you having to uncheck the option every time you start RadarBox.

Download here:
www.civilaircraftregisters.org/Mode_S_Resources/LaunchRadarBoxWithSharingDisabled.zip

Sun Worshipper

Thoroughly recommend this, been using it for a long time and it saves you having to remember to turn off the data every time.

romdouk

?

mhm

You never get free speech on Airnav forum.

I still have a ban, therefore Airnav will never get any mention on my web. Until they change they will never get any mention.
Mike
Colon Cancer Survivor for the Time Being

Anmer

I'm not surprised, as the default share is essential for AirNav to resell our data without our express permission.

Maybe it's about time someone lodge a formal complaint with an appropriate authority?

Our data is being "stolen" by AirNav so it can resell it and not just to RadarBox owners.
Here to Help.

IanH

I've never joined the AirNav forum. From what I've seen on there it manages to accumulate many messages but of such a trivial nature that I can't be bothered. But given my large number of possible e-mail addresses, maybe I should join to keep them on their toes with appropriate comments.

Anmer

Here to Help.

birdie

AirNav Forum banned me for exposing their THEFT !
To give "Unique Coverage of WSSS" in www.Radarbox24.com !

birdie

birdie

Quote from: Hamish McTorsk on January 28, 2012, 07:36:37 AM
A labour saving utility that will start RadarBox with the Share Data option unchecked.

If you don't want to upload your data to the AirNav server, this will save you having to uncheck the option every time you start RadarBox.

Download here:
www.civilaircraftregisters.org/Mode_S_Resources/LaunchRadarBoxWithSharingDisabled.zip

Hi Hamish,

I downloaded your utility and ran it with AirNav RadarBox 3D V4.04 Beta ( correct Equatorial Bugs ) ...
... it don't work.

Every Time, I un-click " Share Flight Data " and close the pop-up window - it got CLICK again.

... it is still streaming or stealing data from my Radar box to feed their www.Radarbox24.com

Any one knows which Port is this " Share Flight Data " streaming out of my Box ?

I need to know which Port - so i can close it to prevent AirNav System from STEALING my Data.

Anmer

The utility was created by Dave Reid and not Hamish.

I'll ask Dave if he can comment but maybe it's no longer supported?
Here to Help.

birdie

Sun Worshipper

We have to get to the bottom of the suggestion that, according to some, Air Nav can still harvest your data, irrespective of fact you have manually selected data share off OR use Dave's excellent programme. :o

Anmer

Here to Help.

birdie

Quote from: Sun Worshipper on January 08, 2013, 11:54:03 AM
We have to get to the bottom of the suggestion that, according to some, Air Nav can still harvest your data, irrespective of fact you have manually selected data share off OR use Dave's excellent programme. :o

I have choked AirNav Systems, preventing them from stealing my Flight Data - simply turn OFF the power to my RadarBox and using it as a paper Weight - but it failed to do its job as a Paper weight because it is too light

Now, they have nothing to display on WSSS.

checkout www.radarbox24.com