Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 12:26:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

BS Reporter Pack Database

Started by OldGuy, July 19, 2022, 05:54:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldGuy

Hi all. As in the Subject, I have found that this now makes no difference to my bs.sqb file size. It used to. Perhaps it's just my setup but I tried on 2 different computers with the same file.

Any ideas please?

Anmer

How old and how big is the sqb file?
Here to Help.

s92driver

I've never used the feature, so thought I'd give it a go.  My sqb actually increased in size! 

So back to the trusty DB Browser I went, a quick Compact and things were restored to their normal size.

OldGuy

It is 7 years & 151mb.

Quote from: s92driver on July 19, 2022, 08:40:58 AM
My sqb actually increased in size!

LOL. Well it used to reduce the sqb by 20-25% (A guess). I was really only asking if others had had the same experience & whether that was down to O/S updates etc. Not a problem size wise, for sure.

s92driver

It's certainly odd to say the least.  I wouldn't have thought an OS change would alter how a database is compacted, but I guess can't be totally ruled out.

Well we certainly can't blame an upgrade of the Basestation software for your issue!

Your database is already quite small compared to some.  Mine is sitting at just under 200Mb.

Steve

Anmer

Quote from: OldGuy on July 20, 2022, 03:50:34 AM
LOL. Well it used to reduce the sqb by 20-25% (A guess). I was really only asking if others had had the same experience & whether that was down to O/S updates etc. Not a problem size wise, for sure.

How frequently did you pack the database?
Here to Help.

Faramir

Wouldn't surprise me if a new OS has a different clustersize on the HDD/SSD.
Filesize is based on used clusters.

OldGuy

Quote from: Anmer on July 20, 2022, 07:39:14 AM

How frequently did you pack the database?

Maybe 2-3 times a year.