Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 14, 2024, 07:33:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

SBS-Populate is re-born and running

Started by Pipo, February 01, 2021, 01:27:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anmer

Here's another example, this time with the incorrect ICAO Type Code.

Should be B738.

Does DutchRadar.nl need volunteers to reveiw the database?  Especially key fields like this example?

[attachment deleted reduce file load]
Here to Help.

Pipo

We are looking for these issue at the moment, Why we have called Type B747 instead of Boeing 747, because the Airbus serie is named A320 not Airbus 320. But we are going to change this. Al the other feed back i will sent to Michel to look in to it.

If someone here has any knowledge in html, and server programming, we are looking for people that can help make the sbspopulate server better and better
SBS-1e & SBS-3 Raspberry Pi 3 & Pi 4
Uniden UBC125XLT

Anmer

Quote from: Pipo on February 21, 2021, 06:34:16 PM
Why we have called Type B747 instead of Boeing 747, because the Airbus serie is named A320 not Airbus 320.

Perhaps you should adopt the official ICAO designations and not make up your own?

See attached.

I think you need to clean up the database.  If not, it won't get used, no matter what you do to improve SBS-1 Populate.

Here to Help.

Pipo

As i mention we are changing the type to the correct version as the icao type codes, but the data base is not that little
Uniden UBC125XLT

Anmer

Quote from: Pipo on February 21, 2021, 06:51:31 PM
As i mention we are changing the type to the correct version as the icao type codes, but the data base is not that little

Are you manually editing the database, one record at a time?
Here to Help.

Anmer

Here's another example of the database quality.

And the absence of the manufacturer is an on-going issue.

I'm always having to check the data with other sources and correct it before updating the BaseStation.sqb file.

SBS-1 Populate doesn't have a Manufacturer data field and GAS always appended it to the Type, for example:

Bombardier BD-700-2A12 Global 7500

Here to Help.

Pipo

Quote from: Anmer on February 24, 2021, 05:08:45 PM
Here's another example of the database quality.

And the absence of the manufacturer is an on-going issue.

I'm always having to check the data with other sources and correct it before updating the BaseStation.sqb file.

SBS-1 Populate doesn't have a Manufacturer data field and GAS always appended it to the Type, for example:

Bombardier BD-700-2A12 Global 7500

I have save the screenshot, and sent it to Michel he is going to correct it.
Uniden UBC125XLT

Anmer

Quote from: Pipo on February 24, 2021, 06:50:16 PM
I have save the screenshot, and sent it to Michel he is going to correct it.

The SBS-1 Populate server has been returning "Website Retrieval Errors" for the last few days.

Do you know if the server is now permanently off-line?
Here to Help.

Anmer

Once again, the SBS-1 Populate server has been returning "Website Retrieval Errors" for the last few days.

Does anyone know if the server is now permanently off-line?
Here to Help.

Anmer

Good news, the server is back online.
Here to Help.

Harpic

Mike,
I notice last week the you made a comment in the Chat Box and also in the Active Display thread about SBS Populate being back on.
I had a quick look and followed the links and installed SBS POP back onto my computer apon running everything thing seemed to be working.
it accessed the first hit and showed the details as can be seen by the screen shot i have posted.
This is as far as SBS POP goes, just this one record.
The program seems to be searching as the Bar is moving, but unpopulated aircraft are showing on my SBS and nothing shows in the SBS POP screen only this one Jet 2 record.
Even after shutting down and trying the next day, the same Jet 2 aircraft record populates in SBS POP just like before and everything seems to be doing the same.
Do we know for sure that SBS POP is working 100% or is there an issue with it still.
Cheers Mike for any Info on this Subjuct

Anmer

Have you mapped SBS Populate to your "active" sqb file, possibly in the Virtual Store?
Here to Help.

Harpic

Thanks Mike,
Was 100% sure it was pointing at the correct folder, but to be sure I re-pointed to make sure and it all seems to be running OK now.

Magic440

Great news about this.Being able to run SBS without a internet conection,then populate unknowns,is good for me.

David,

Joker767

Quote from: Harpic on August 30, 2021, 12:34:09 PM
Thanks Mike,
Was 100% sure it was pointing at the correct folder, but to be sure I re-pointed to make sure and it all seems to be running OK now.
I had the exact same problem, but the path was correct. It was solved by starting Basestation.exe as administrator.

best regards