Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 04:40:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

DDNS mobile issues

Started by dodsy1, April 18, 2021, 05:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dodsy1

Hi. I'm having issues getting a DDNS type IP address of VRS to work correctly on mobile every time I try to connect the screen is virtually un-viewable due to the zoom level.

I am redirecting it to the mobile address of VRS which loads fine on a phone when connecting directly to the 82. address as soon as I run the same address through a ddns host it goes funny as shown below

Running the mobile ip through a ddns brings this

Running the mobile ip directly through the 82. address shows this

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Oblivian

Settings, check for 'desktop site' square being selected

dodsy1

Desktop setting on my phone browser is not enabled

dodsy1

I am forwarding to http://MY IP AND PORT/VirtualRadar/mobile.html and another to http://MY IP AND PORT/VirtualRadar

On a computer they load fine the issue is only happening on phones

Oblivian

You should be able to force either by specifying desktop.html vs mobile.html at the end of the URL if detecting wrong (your DDNS address bookmark isn't forcing the other?)

Javascript runs on load in index.html. If piping through from an external host/ddns it may not detect right, or reset the cookie.
Desktop.html is served by default to large screens if detected. Mobile.html when smaller.

Mobile has an auto-scale setting that will appear different depending on screen size and detection as part of that request.
https://www.w3schools.com/css/css_rwd_viewport.asp
<meta name="viewport" content="user-scalable=no, initial-scale=1.0, minimum-scale=1.0, maximum-scale=1.0, minimal-ui

Deleting all trace of cookies for the site/url may help there if over-riding the page loaded does not.

dodsy1

Quote from: Oblivian on April 20, 2021, 09:35:45 AM
You should be able to force either by specifying desktop.html vs mobile.html at the end of the URL if detecting wrong (your DDNS address bookmark isn't forcing the other?)

Javascript runs on load in index.html. If piping through from an external host/ddns it may not detect right, or reset the cookie.
Desktop.html is served by default to large screens if detected. Mobile.html when smaller.

Mobile has an auto-scale setting that will appear different depending on screen size and detection as part of that request.
https://www.w3schools.com/css/css_rwd_viewport.asp
<meta name="viewport" content="user-scalable=no, initial-scale=1.0, minimum-scale=1.0, maximum-scale=1.0, minimal-ui

Deleting all trace of cookies for the site/url may help there if over-riding the page loaded does not.

Trying to use no-ip for setting it up the IP has /VirtualRadar/mobile.html as the end of it on the redirect

Oblivian

I'm not quite following fully.

But you should be sending any link, local or a ddns redirect it to the root /VirtualRadar so that index.html can execute to ensure it is detecting the right size and scaling ability and passing it through to the next page it loads.

dodsy1

Quote from: Oblivian on April 21, 2021, 06:58:53 AM
I'm not quite following fully.

But you should be sending any link, local or a ddns redirect it to the root /VirtualRadar so that index.html can execute to ensure it is detecting the right size and scaling ability and passing it through to the next page it loads.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong I don't know

In the no-ip panel I set up a web redirect to my external VRS mobile ip with /VirtualRadar/mobile.html at the end should I be doing something else instead?

Oblivian

Got a screenshot?

Normally a DDNS is a tool used to make sure an internet device can get to a home PC even if it changes address

Mobile/pc on internet -> DNS lookup -> DDNS answers -> redirect to the current home PC Public address -> Home router (pinhole) -> direct to server/port of Pc/pi.

A web redirect is normally if you want to make one adress just send that traffic to another website elsewhere instead

Risky, But if virtual radar is the only host, and on say port 8080

Then the internal (destination) host/destination address should  be address.of.device.hosting:8080.  And any connections to your.ddns.address/VirtualRadar  would perform the same.

And that's it. By default, /VirtualRadar/index.html will then load
It will detect the screen size. And load /VirtualRadar/mobile.html with some settings pre determined

dodsy1

Quote from: Oblivian on April 22, 2021, 07:15:44 AM
Got a screenshot?

Normally a DDNS is a tool used to make sure an internet device can get to a home PC even if it changes address

Mobile/pc on internet -> DNS lookup -> DDNS answers -> redirect to the current home PC Public address -> Home router (pinhole) -> direct to server/port of Pc/pi.

A web redirect is normally if you want to make one adress just send that traffic to another website elsewhere instead

Risky, But if virtual radar is the only host, and on say port 8080

Then the internal (destination) host/destination address should  be address.of.device.hosting:8080.  And any connections to your.ddns.address/VirtualRadar  would perform the same.

And that's it. By default, /VirtualRadar/index.html will then load
It will detect the screen size. And load /VirtualRadar/mobile.html with some settings pre determined

This is what I have

Oblivian

Take off mobile.html totally

It will use the pre determined and changed settings contained in that. Rather than re-adjusting/formatting.

If that doesn't work,. it's the size detection failing as part of the redirect.

dodsy1

Quote from: Oblivian on April 25, 2021, 12:27:36 AM
Take off mobile.html totally

It will use the pre determined and changed settings contained in that. Rather than re-adjusting/formatting.

If that doesn't work,. it's the size detection failing as part of the redirect.

I have tried it without mobile.html without success previously

ishaimiev

How