Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:00:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Micro RadarBox

Started by Anmer, February 23, 2015, 08:00:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sun Worshipper

QuoteFrom what I can gather, the information is a little limited at the moment, the main difference with this model is its high quality filtering for airband use.

How many more times, you must NEVER use the term quality and/or Radar Box/Air Nav in the same sentence.  Blimey, hope they've learnt their lesson from installing crap components into the Radar Box.

Quoteeven Brandao isn't that dumb.

He's probably desperate for another revenue stream to replace the cash cow that was Radarbox and, cough, cough, Radarbox 24 (mwhahahahahah).

birdie

Latest of the Latest Product Release for Plane-spotting.

Announcing the release of the "Cat's Tail 1090 MHz ADS-B Dongle Receiver.

Cheapest: USD 0.99 each, including shipping.

- designed by taikongnauts, professional pilots ( which pilot is not professional ?), and .... hot-air balloons pilots( AirNav Boss )

- no power or USB connections needed

- just put your cat's tail on the window facing the airport and enjoy live view of all aircrafts with fantastic range of 500 nm.

- make sure the cat's tail is facing upwards.

[Attachment deleted by Admin to save file space]
To give "Unique Coverage of WSSS" in www.Radarbox24.com !

birdie

Quote from: Anmer on February 23, 2015, 08:16:57 AM
Quote from: mhm on February 23, 2015, 08:12:38 AM
Wouldn.t it be nice if they sent you one to trial.

Elvis will be seen performing live on the moon before that happens.  ;)

The sun will rise in the West and set in the East.

Bethsalem

Quote from: birdie on February 25, 2015, 02:36:51 AM

- designed by taikongnauts, professional pilots ( which pilot is not professional ?), and .... hot-air balloons pilots( AirNav Boss )

- just put your cat's tail on the window facing the airport and enjoy live view of all aircrafts with fantastic range of 500 nm.

Birdie! Please tell me that's not a real cat's tail  :o !  Otherwise, you need to go and lie down in a very dark room for a very long time and not think about AirNav.....ever.....period  :'(

birdie

Quote from: Bethsalem on February 25, 2015, 11:51:12 AM
Quote from: birdie on February 25, 2015, 02:36:51 AM

Birdie! Please tell me that's not a real cat's tail  :o !  Otherwise, you need to go and lie down in a very dark room for a very long time and not think about AirNav.....ever.....period  :'(

hahahahaaaa ... at USD 0.99 including FREE Shipping ... You expect a REAL Cat's tail ?

Anmer

Another happy AirNav customer.  >:(

I'll post the forum message here just in case AirNav deletes the post.

I recently ordered and received a RadarBox24 Micro USB device.  For the first five days, the online software installation system was completely inactive in any of my four browser options.  I submitted contact forms asking for help, but more than a week later, no response at all.  However, on the sixth day, suddenly the software installation site was in operation and the software was downloaded and installed.

However, it appears that the only way to do anything other than Demo activities is to sign up for the free 15 days of database tracking, which is impossible, since the signup requires inclusion of the Radarbox serial number.  The RadarBox24 Micro has no serial number!  Again, I have sent contact forms, and again, absolutely no response.

I am now trying to find the address to which I can return this apparently useless big of instrumentation.  A very annoying and disappointing experience, I must say.

Am I surprised?  No.

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=8465.msg116285#msg116285
Here to Help.

birdie

Quote from: Anmer on October 27, 2015, 05:33:30 PM
Another happy AirNav customer.  >:(

I'll post the forum message here just in case AirNav deletes the post.

I recently ordered and received a RadarBox24 Micro USB device.  For the first five days, the online software installation system was completely inactive in any of my four browser options.  I submitted contact forms asking for help, but more than a week later, no response at all.  However, on the sixth day, suddenly the software installation site was in operation and the software was downloaded and installed.

However, it appears that the only way to do anything other than Demo activities is to sign up for the free 15 days of database tracking, which is impossible, since the signup requires inclusion of the Radarbox serial number.  The RadarBox24 Micro has no serial number!  Again, I have sent contact forms, and again, absolutely no response.

I am now trying to find the address to which I can return this apparently useless big of instrumentation.  A very annoying and disappointing experience, I must say.

Am I surprised?  No.

Actually, AirNav's Strong Point of NO RESPONDING to their Customers & Potential Customers SAVED me from Financial Disaster !

When South East Asia / Asia was nothing but "empty Airspace without much flights displayed" - I was toying with the idea of importing 10 RadarBoxes for sale.

After 1 reply from Airnav, it was 'radio silence" -

- their USA retailer ( R & L Electronics in Hamilton, Ohio ) was no better than AirNav - it took me more than 1 year to buy the RadarBox from them - ( at that time, I should have bought SBS-1 ).

- R & L Electronics used all methods on earth to prevent me from buying - including " not shipping International, not accepting overseas credit cards, only Advance Bank Payment but when asked for their Banking Details - no response, even when I made International phone calls to R & L - their answer was negative "

Finally, when I succeeded in buying the RadarBox from R & L Electronics ( I was ripped off USD 180 Courier Service for a box that weighs less than 500 gm )  and connected it into my PC - disaster strike - I need not repeat it !

Now, South East Asia ( esp Singapore ) is an empty airspace.

Anmer

Four days on and the Micro RadarBox customer (is he tyhe only one?) isn't making much progress:

27th October 2015
Hi lpj97007,

Firstly big sorry for the trouble caused and we will get you up and running with RadarBox24 Micro as soon as possible.

We haven't received any of your contact messages, if you do not get a ticket number it means the contact message either hasn't got to us or it was blocked due to spam.

We have your email address and you will be contacted direct.

28th October 2015
Thank you.  It's nice to know that there are human beings at the helm somewhere!

I've checked my spam folders, and no responses were there (and also no ticket numbers).

I'll wait to hear from you directly.

lpj97007, please contact support@airnavsystems.com with your email address to allow direct contact.  Airnav tried the email address they had and it was rejected.

Many thanks

Alan

30th October 2015
Have done so two days ago, but no response.  Is anyone home?

I will recontact them, what is your ticket ID number please.  Send me your email address and I will pass it on alanmcnight@btinternet.com

Alan

31st October 2015
Done, Alan.  But I have no ticket number, having never had a response to any of my contacts--including trying to establish a ticket number.

Thanks for your help.
Larry

email address passed on and I have replied to you

Alan

Here to Help.

Rocket

I have one of these as a sample and I am impressed with it. If you wan't to know my thoughts then please let me know.

Please go easy on me, this is my first post here!
Mark de M0ROC Rocket Radio. Flightradar24 live feed: T-EGGW38 via RadarBox 3D and RadarBox Micro

Anmer

Quote from: Rocket on March 14, 2016, 02:22:36 PM
If you wan't to know my thoughts then please let me know.

Welcome.  Please let us know what impresses you.

Is this your website?

http://www.rocketradio.co.uk/

Here to Help.

Rocket

Quote from: Anmer on March 14, 2016, 02:28:20 PM
Quote from: Rocket on March 14, 2016, 02:22:36 PM
If you wan't to know my thoughts then please let me know.

Welcome.  Please let us know what impresses you.

Is this your website?

http://www.rocketradio.co.uk/

Yes that is my website.

The RadarBox Micro is at home so I will post later with some screenshots and more thoughts on it. First thing I would say is that the price quoted earlier in this topic is wrong (or at least not what I would sell it for) It should be about £39.95

It may be an RTL2382 dongle but AirNav have flashed it with their Product and Vendor ID's so you just plug it in and download the RadarBox V6.0 software and it just works. Far easier than installing drivers and software on the RTL dongles and that's what's impressed those who I have demonstrated it to.

I know it's more expensive than the RTL dongle you can get for a tenner but like I say it works and is hassle free (apart from the server delays downloading the software but hopefully that will improve)
Mark de M0ROC Rocket Radio. Flightradar24 live feed: T-EGGW38 via RadarBox 3D and RadarBox Micro

Anmer

Thanks.

Some might think your impressions may be biased if you're a Micro Radarbox vendor but don't let that put you off sharing them.

As for the quoted price, that's what it was advertised for when the message was first posted.

I too can see the advantage of a "plug and play" solution but surely one can achieve that with a DVB-T costing a lot less than GBP £40, maybe just GBP £10?

https://www.radarbox24.com/addcoverage

Alternatively there's FlightAware's free PiAware which is available as a fully configured SD card which can feed decoded data to a wide range of tracking software.  Plus it also offers unblocked MLAT plotting which I don't think the Micro RadarBox can do?  And FlightAware throws in a free Enterprise account which is worth a lot more than RadarBox24 Elite.

Just a few of my impressions.  ;)

https://flightaware.com/adsb/piaware/build
Here to Help.

Rocket

OK my apologies for appearing biased, I am a retailer yes but don't hide it. But I use it myself the same as I do my original RadarBox as I have done for years and live feed them to flightradar24.

I've just seen this slated just about everywhere and don't think it deserves it.

Anmer

Quote from: Rocket on March 14, 2016, 04:36:29 PM
I've just seen this slated just about everywhere and don't think it deserves it.

From what I've seen, the only reason it's "slated" is its grossly inflated price.  After all, it's just a DVB-T SDR receiver, albeit with RadarBox software that collects the owner's data to resell in the RadarBox networks.

I just don't see how AirNav can justify charging GBP £40 when an equivalent device can be can bought for less than GBP £10,  But that's Brandao for you, always out for a quick buck.

In my opinion, there are cheaper and better options and, judging by the lack of global coverage on RadarBox24, many others agree.
Here to Help.

Triple7

Quote from: Anmer on March 14, 2016, 05:04:20 PM
I just don't see how AirNav can justify charging GBP £40 when an equivalent device can be can bought for less than GBP £10

Yes, almost half that if you are prepared to wait a few weeks and it's the T2 version....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/351486586927?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Tim
SBS-1eR, FA ProStick + 1090 filter