Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 14, 2024, 07:26:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Good Morning from Lincoln.

Started by psxnet, June 05, 2020, 09:47:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

psxnet

Hi everyone,

Thanks to Admin for accepting my member request, and I hope I can make some small contribution to Radarspotting.
I have been into, and done most things in amateur radio since 1978, and currently run a digital repeater, but although I have listened on the airbands over the years, being located in the middle of Waddington and Scampton, I had not tried plane tracking until last week.

Currently I have a Rasperry Pi/SDR setup, and have connected this to a colinear on the eaves with a masthead filter and preamp. On Virtual Radar I seem to have signals from up to 270 miles away which I'm happy with considering the amount of RF coming out of the address 24 hours a day.

I still have a lot to learn about this hobby though, and give you warning now that I may be asking some stupid questions!

Regards,

Mick.

Anmer

Welcome Mick and thanks for introducing yourself.

I used to live near Lincolnshire and miss the flat terrain and long-range coverage.  But it was sparce of commercial flights and now I get to see a lot more traffic than before.  Well I did before the skies emptied from the end of March.

Any questions, please ask.  We'll do our best to help.
Here to Help.