Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 04:39:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

German Air Force modes

Started by Pipo, February 16, 2021, 01:38:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pipo

I'm doing some clean up in my sqb (looking up modes with out registration) and i notice that specially the German Air Force is switching a lot with there modes on there flights, some registrations have more then 4-5 modes codes.

Is this something the Germans do or does this also happens with other Military in other country's?
SBS-1e & SBS-3 Raspberry Pi 3 & Pi 4
Uniden UBC125XLT

Anmer

Quote from: Pipo on February 16, 2021, 01:38:08 PM
Is this something the Germans do or does this also happens with other Military in other country's?

Been doing this for years, not just German military.  Cloak and Dagger games, changing hex codes all the time.
Here to Help.

Pipo

Quote from: Anmer on February 16, 2021, 01:47:06 PM
Quote from: Pipo on February 16, 2021, 01:38:08 PM

Been doing this for years, not just German military.  Cloak and Dagger games, changing hex codes all the time.

They switch more from there modes then my wife have shoes haha
SBS-1e & SBS-3 Raspberry Pi 3 & Pi 4
Uniden UBC125XLT

Sushi

LS,

This switching of the ModeS is only done for Jet Fighters and other fast moving airfames.

All other airframes: Planes Freighters Transport & Helicopters always use the same hex.

The US Navy uses this tactic with the P8 Poseidon Airframes.

They start-of with the Company Hex, than convert it to AE5... during test & Delivery flights and than switch to AE6...

Cheers
Cees