Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 10:47:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

PlaneGadget is No Longer Available

Started by Anmer, March 04, 2012, 11:09:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anmer

Thanks to our member Brian for spotting this.

I've now had it confirmed by RadarGadgets that the PlaneGadget Mode-S receiver is no longer being sold.  However support for existing users is still being provided along with spares.

Andy at RadarGadgets always offered excellent support and service and I'm sure many will be sorry to hear this low cost receiver is no longer available.

The MarineGadget for ship spotters is still available.

http://www.radargadgets.com/
Here to Help.

viking9

I wonder if Andy is working on a USB stick sized ADS-B receiver. I have a MarineGadget and it's excellent value for money.
Tom

mhm

It's a shame one of the decoders has gone from the market.
Mike
Colon Cancer Survivor for the Time Being

radargadgets

Quote from: viking9 on March 04, 2012, 12:06:03 PM
I wonder if Andy is working on a USB stick sized ADS-B receiver. I have a MarineGadget and it's excellent value for money.

Afraid not! The first PGR was a stick, but I found that putting it in a slightly larger metal shielded enclosure and putting a little distance between the RF and the digital improved the sensitivity a bit!

When I designed PGR it was to give spotters a chance to join the hobby without spending £400+.  But you can now buy a "kit" receiver for less without the approvals.  I still have many enquiries...and it was always a nice business with really enthusiastic and well informed customers.  If you charge £480 you have rather more of the customer's money to spend on advertising though!!

The PGR broke open the market and suddenly things proliferated.  So there are a good few choices now.

We are still here and giving full support and warranty though! And the MarineGadget-Radar AIS receiver is very popular so very pleased with that!

Andy

mhm

Mike
Colon Cancer Survivor for the Time Being

IanH

I was looking to buy one of these a few months ago to use as a mobile system away from home. They were not available at the time so I bought a secondhand PGR. Just returned from using it on its first outing.

Two days at my mum's (4 miles east of EGLL between 27L and 27R) and then 2 days at the outlaws (close to Manston). PGR performed well indoors at both locations  connected to a netbook and with the standard aerial.

Glad I bought it!

Ian