Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:12:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

UK & Ireland MLAT Project

Started by Mutt08, June 28, 2015, 12:38:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrParanoia

Quote from: IanH on July 02, 2015, 12:29:45 PM

It's not going to replace PP as my main display since that shows all plots. And I would need yet another monitor to display the MLAT Radar! But a useful option to run in the background and occasionally check what else is out there and not being shown by PP.

I joined up this morning and have to say I am quite impressed - your MLAT data is returned so I have piped this through ModeSmixer2 and now have MLAT plots showing alongside regular plots in Basestation :) 

[Attachment deleted by Admin to save file space]

IanH

To save me having to figure it out, what commands did you use to pipe into BaseStation?

MrParanoia

Quote from: IanH on September 15, 2015, 10:56:39 AM
To save me having to figure it out, what commands did you use to pipe into BaseStation?

ModeSDeco2 to Basestation and the MLAT server: --sbs10001 10001 --beast 30005

ModeSMixer2: --inConnect 127.0.0.1:30005 --inConnect 127.0.0.1:31000 --outServer sbs10001:10002

Basestation: Settings - Hardware Settings - Network Tab - Port 10002

I've left the --sbs10001 10001 command in the ModeSDeco2 bat file so the data can be fed elsewhere if I require, however I guess removing that parameter would negate changing the port within the BaseSatation software.

If you get an error when starting ModeSMixer2, just close down BaseStation before starting ModeSMixer2

IanH

Thanks, I'll give that a try later.

IanH

Tried it and I can get it to work.

BUT do not connect this type of setup to a PlanePlotter feed.

It will feed both the local data from the receiver AND the MLAT data from the MLAT server.

Probably explains what people have seen and reported on another thread.

Anmer

Quote from: IanH on September 15, 2015, 06:42:43 PM
BUT do not connect this type of setup to a PlanePlotter feed.

It will feed both the local data from the receiver AND the MLAT data from the MLAT server.

We had the same issue with SBS1Client.  Piotr added a PP feed option to avoid it.
Here to Help.

Radio2.0

is there any Standalone Mlat Server out there?
Im my Area are some ADSB sharer who i know.
>>> I looking for People who want exchange the VRS Data with me. <<<
I life near LOWW / VIE and see Ground Traffic too.