Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 08:02:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

ACARSD/SBS Querey

Started by phat01, June 04, 2016, 06:12:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat01

Hi all

Wondering if anyone can help........

i used a program called ACARSD for years and was very happy with it and loved the functionality of it including the "collected fleet list" function of it.

I have now converted to using Mode-s  using a dongle through Dump1090 into Virtual radar and Planepotter, the question is..... Is there any software like ACARSD that builds a fleet list like that of ACARSD?

i have tried using ACARSD 1.70RC3 which has a mode-s function on it but it doesnt seem to pick up as much aircraft as virtual radar and the databases are not uptodate and even when i add planes and airlines to it, it doesnt seem to remember them. That may be down to me not setting it up correctly or it just doesnt seem to want to work...

any help would be appreciated

Phil

Anmer

Welcome Phil

ACARS isn't something I use but maybe AcarsDeco2 could be of interest?

http://xdeco.org/?page_id=42
Here to Help.

phat01

i have downloaded it and installed C++ 2013 but as soon as it opens it crashes and window comes up saying check online for solution.....

any ideas?

im using Windows 7 64bit if that helps

Phil

Anmer

Which version did you download?
Here to Help.

phat01

i downloaded both of these?:?

Windows Intel CPU: acarsdeco2_windows_20150718.zip
Windows Intel CPU v.20160520: modesdeco2_windows_20160520.zip

Smudger98

Tomorrow is not Guaranteed  - So make the most of to-day !!!
SBS-1 User and a Tecno Numpty !!

Anmer

I downloaded the Acardsdeco2 Zip and extracted it.

But when I go to run the application I see, I think, a Cmd window for less than a second and then nothing.  Running Win7 64 bit here.

Maybe Sergsero will see this message?
Here to Help.

Triple7

With all of these command line programs you need to create a .bat file and run that. If you run the .exe directly you will see the symptoms you mention.

Here's acarsdeco2_example.bat from the files with acarsdeco2 package.

@echo off
cmd /c acarsdeco2.exe --gain 38.6 --freq-correction 65 --freq 131550000 --freq 131725000 --http-port 8080 --vrs-url http://192.168.64.85:80 --net 30008
PAUSE
exit

Tim
SBS-1eR, FA ProStick + 1090 filter

Anmer

Thanks Tim.  Is that mentioned anywhere in the "documentation"?

In the example, what pre-requisites are required?
Here to Help.

Triple7

It isn't specifically mentioned but it is implied that as a command line program, you need to run it from a .bat file. There is an example (as I posted) of one .bat file.

I don't use this myself so I can't give specifics on what is required, but the acarsdeco2 readme file contains all of the parameters that can be used in the .bat file.

Both of the above are in the zip file you will have downloaded.

Tim

phat01

thanks for the replies

i will give it ago again when i get back in from "WORK" (spotting)

phil

phat01

well i tried many times and different formats of the bat files and still get the same app crash. i cant even get modesmixer working which does the same thing....

oh well may have to wait for a reply from the guy who makes it :(

Triple7

I appreciate you said you downloaded and installed Visual C++ but did you pick the 32 bit version as noted in the readme file?:

"When you try to launch acarsdeco2 you can get an error that msvcp120.dll or/and msvcr120.dll is missing in your OS.
Please, download the Visual C++ Redistributable Package for Visual Studio 2013 from the Microsoft site: https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=40784.

You will need to install file of 32 bit version vcredist_x86.exe regardless of what bitness have your operating system!
The Visual C++ Redistributable Packages install run-time components that are required to run applications that are developed by using Visual Studio 2013, on computers that don't have Visual Studio 2013 installed. These packages install run-time components of libraries."

Just trying to be clear on what you have installed as Sergsero may not be a frequent visitor here at the moment.

Tim

phat01

yep installed the 32bit version and do not get any error messages........... apart from the window that comes up saying.... check online for solution or close program....

i think it may be something to do with the .bat file i poorly attempted to do..... (I have no idea what im doing with that lol)

is there a step by step guide on how to set it up? ive tried copying the "example" one and putting my folder locations in but its the source i.p address thing and port things i think i probably got wrong somewhere  :-[

ive checked my windows version and its Win7 32bit so that shouldnt be a problem.... i know some programs dont like the 64bit versions.

Triple7

There isn't a step by step guide as far as I am aware. As I noted, I don't use this particular program but I do use ModeSDeco2 and ModeSMixer2.

Looking at the help file and the example, you might try something like this:

@echo off
cmd /c acarsdeco2.exe --freq 131550000 --freq 131725000 --http-port 8080
PAUSE
exit

Save that in the same folder as acarsdeco2.exe is located

i.e. remove the antenna gain, frequency correction and the VRS stuff and see if a very basic set-up works. I am guessing here, so it may not improve things one iota. Do you know the ACARS frequencies in use in your area?

If it doesn't crash out, you can hopefully type the IP address of the PC running acarsdeco2 with the port No. assigned above - 127.0.0.1:8080 into your web browser and you might see some plots or at least a list of the contacts received on the frequencies set in the .bat file.

If that doesn't work, you will have exhausted my ability and hopefully someone like IanH will pop up and give you the answer - he's good like that  ;D

Tim