Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

December 05, 2021, 08:49:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 61349
  • Total Topics: 13636
  • Online Today: 43
  • Online Ever: 164
  • (August 20, 2021, 01:02:40 AM)
Users Online

Latest Post

Latest File

Author Topic: Raspberry Pi and feeding Flightradar24 & Flightaware (Perhaps Planeplotter as we  (Read 1720 times)

Offline KenR

Hi Guys,
I am a long standing user of Basestation and Flightradar24 on PC and Tablet
I have for some time been interested in setting up my own ADS-B receiver on a Raspberry Pi and feeding Flightradar24 and Flightaware - As well as seeing the output locally on a PC.

Both Flightradar24, and Flightaware have instructions on how to achieve this.

My question is really where to start - Should I build a Raspberry as per FR24 instructions first, and then move onto Flightaware - Or Visa Versa ?, AND
What do I need to view the Raspberry output on a windows PC (Or directly to an attached screen).

I am sure all the information is out there, and would be grateful if someone could point me where to start.

Thanks in anticipation.

Regards

Ken

Online Anmer

• Administrator
  • Top Poster
I'd download the PiAware image from the FlightAware website.  Get PiAware running, viewing your locally tracked aircraft on PiAware's Skyview browser map and aircraft list.

https://flightaware.com/adsb/piaware/build

When you're happy all is working as expected, add your FR24 feed.  There are loads of options for doing this. Here's one (there will be others):

https://discussions.flightaware.com/t/raspberry-pi-docker-from-blank-sd-to-feeding-in-15-mins/17742
Here to Help.

Offline KenR

Thanks Anmer.  Ken

Offline abcd567

Have a look here for various available options:

Bake a Pi