Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 01:36:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Globesrtl & RTL1090

Started by Pingthing, September 25, 2014, 11:18:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pingthing

Hi
I've got VRS talking to my RTL1090 software and it decodes nicely, I want to get globesrtl working, just as a test to see how well it works, I've followed all the tutorials and set the ports correctly, but I keep getting the "Decoder not found" message in the configure window of globesrtl, can someone point me in the right direction to get globesrtl, connected to receive decodes from RTL1090 ?
how does this software compare to VRS ? should I be worrying to get it working ?

Regards
Stephen
Johannesburg SA
SDR / Acars & ADSB Spotter
Radio Ham

Anmer

Welcome Stephen.

Is VRS running when you attempt to start GlobeS?  What port have you set in RTL1090 have you set for the decoded data?

Since RTL1090 and GlobeS originate from the same stable, they should work together.

I haven't used GlobeS for many years.  GlobeS was more like a professional radar screen, a bit like BaseStation with customisable maps.  VRS is more like FR24 or Planefinder using Google maps.
Here to Help.

IanH

I've just checked my RTL1090/GlobeS-RTL setup.

RTL1090 is set up as default but the important information in the Config menu is the text in the "Table 2" box. There is a default value here but it can be anything you want.

In GlobeS-RTL, there is also a Config menu (click on gear wheel) which allows multiple RTL1090 outputs to be connected.

Click on the first IP box so it shows a tick. The next box will probably contain 127.0.0.1 and the on alongside 31008. This is fine for default settings.

The "Table 2" box must contain the same text as mentioned above for RTL1090 config. Once the correct settings are saved, it should show the plots without needing to restart GlobeS-RTL.

Ignore the other two sets of interface boxes.

Other info is here: http://sonicgoose.com/using-globe-s-rtl-edition-with-rtl1090/

Should you be worrying about not getting it working - I think yes since the output is very good and customisable (once you figure it out). There is another similar piece of software (GlobeS) which has a manual that might help customise here: http://jetvision.de/sbs/globesafe/globesafe.demo.manual.pdf

Ian