Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:15:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Active display down 5th October 2019

Started by big john, October 05, 2019, 10:01:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

terrywadeairbus

Thanks RexamMan, If you dare I'd be interested to see what happens if your turn on the route look up?

Think I'm very close to giving up on my ADPro , there's only a certain amount a man can take !  :)

RexamMan

Hi Terry

I've just tried your request and turned the RL on.. Within a minute all those errors came back up, then they disappeared when it refreshed, then they came back again and repeat!

When I turned RL off, the errors stopped.

Sadly it looks like AD has had it for what you want it to do.

terrywadeairbus

Hi RexamMan

Thanks for trying that for me, another person I know using ADPro is experiencing the same problem when the RL is selected.

Yes I've given up with my routes at the moment, it's a shame I can't see them on my Base station anymore.

I've still not received any replies to my emails I sent Nicola Jones, things aren't looking good....

Terry

terrywadeairbus

An update on my Active Display PRO.

I hadn't bothered trying to start my AD Pro for about a month, today I thought I'll give it a try.

I set the PC clock back to 2019 and to my surprise my AD PRO is working with my my routes showing on my SBS ,the program attempts to look up routes, but so far none of the log error message and blue screen have appeared!

An issue with changing the PC clock to get AD PRO to work is that google chrome won't allow me to go on the internet unless I change the date of the clock and also I keep getting certificate warnings
with my email provider which isn't ideal. If I change the PC date back today when AD Pro is running then no routes show up? 

My AD Pro licence expires next month so unless anything is happening about the licence manager
mine will just pack up.

As a matter of interest has anyone heard from Nicola Jones or anyone from the Gatwick Aviation Society regarding AD? I never did receive a reply to my emails sent to Nicola.

Regards

Terry Wade

terrywadeairbus

I was wondering if anyone recently has had their AD Pro licence expire and if the program just stops working, even anyone who has been putting their PC clock's back to a 2019 date to get the program working?

My one has now packed up totally since trying yesterday to mess around with the licence details in the menu part of the program!

I never did receive anything back from my emails Nicola re any updates with AD Pro. Did anyone ever receive any money back for their subscription to AD PRO as promised, although this wasn't a great deal I know.

flynik12

Hy my Active display serial was correct worg but last night i have an HDD crash i installed a new SSD in my Flight-Lappi.
I installed my safe from Active Display Pro. When i start then i gif the correct Data but he say not connection.
Can help me please? I know that Active Display is offline but i have an serial for more than 6 month :(

Thanks for your help

jakems

Hi

I am afraid that you can no longer use ADPro. If you do a reinstall the first thing it does is contact the license server on the GAS web site to check your license is valid. As the GAS web site has gone it cannot verify your license. As you will see from Terry's post on 5 March he played around with his license key and could not get it to work again.
Steve

flynik12

Anmer

I don't have AD Pro but I looked back at some old emails from Gary Jones, back in 2012.

For AD Lite there's a Config file in the current user's "Local->Apps->2.0 folder.  It may take some searching but I'm assuming AD Pro does something similar.

Using Notepad to look at the ActiveDisplayLite.exe.config file, it appears that AD Lite may check this on launch.  Maybe AD Pro does something similar and, depending on the statement, either checks with the GAS server or doesn't.

Maybe someone with skill and confidence would like to explore this?  But backup beforehand.
Here to Help.

jakems

Hi

There is similar files for ADPro. There is nothing obvious in them. If there was a hack to disable the license check I am sure it would have been found by now. If you write software and want to preserve your revenue stream you don't put a flag in an ini file to disable it! Years ago when software was much simpler you could disassemble code and poke a few bytes to disable these sort of checks, these days the checks are all over the place in the code and code is so large these days it would be very difficult to find these sort of things. I don't think Gary would have left such a hole in the very good software he wrote.
Steve

Anmer

Quote from: jakems on March 27, 2020, 04:49:38 PM
I don't think Gary would have left such a hole in the very good software he wrote.

I agree.  But he did point me there a few times to overcome some issues. 

Just trying to help. ;)
Here to Help.

jakems

Steve

terrywadeairbus

Thanks for the recent posts on AD PRO.

If anyone out there has the know how of trying to get my AD PRO working again that would be great.

I know I messed about with my licence information and ruined my AD PRO, but it was due to expire round about this time anyway, but has anyone recently had there licence expire, does the program just ask for new license details and send you to the GAS site which obviously isn't working and the program becomes unusable ?

Thanks

flynik12

we need the reg code from a Active Dispaly Pro. I think this is the Solution. In my new installation i found nothing of an reg code.