Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:27:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

PP Help

Started by jcherepy, December 05, 2012, 04:14:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcherepy

My MicroADSB arrived this morning and I have it working and displaying aircraft in adsbScope, but since I don't have a Ph.D. in Computer Science, I'm going to need some help getting it running in PlanePlotter. I've gone all through the I/O settings, but I can't find where you set the Comm Port. And what device should I select?

[Edit] OK, another weird PP behavior. I select Mode S/ADS-B in the I/O Settings and uncheck from net, and no antenna on the MicroADSB, PP is still tracking aircraft. Where the heck is it getting data? One aircraft is 137 miles away at 40,000 ft.
Thanks,

Bill
Grayson, GA USA

Anmer

Hi Bill

Have you identified which Com Port is in use?

Go to Control Panel->System->Hardware->Device Manager.  Scroll down to Ports and you should see a Com Port number.

When you know which Com Port is being used, in PP go Options->Mode-S Receiver->AVR Receiver->Setup Comm Port and enter the "Comms Port Number".
Here to Help.

jcherepy

Yes, as I stated, I have it working in adsbScope. Due to the antenna location, it's not displaying a great many aircraft, but while I'm learning I just have it on top of the computer desk. I just wish there was something that was easier than PP. Since the MicroADSB is not in the device list, I still haven't figured out which device to select. I'm also not sure on the port settings. It's currently 115200.

Thanks, for the reply.

viking9

Hover your cursor over the aircraft and in the bottom right corner of the pop-up box it will show the share code. I suspect you will see '??' which is Hypersharing. If you go to Sharing/setup you can untick 'Enable hypersharing'  at the bottom left of the window in order to prevent those ac displaying.
Tom

viking9

I've not got a MicroADSB but from what I can glean from the Wiki and PP Help file:

Switch settings 1, 2 & 3 off, 4 on.

In Planeplotter,  I/O Settings/Mode-S/ADS-B and select AVR receiver in the list . Then go to Options/Mode-S/Receiver/AVR Receiver/setup com port. Change the number to the same as in ADSBScope. Baud rate 115200

Tom

Anmer

Quote from: jcherepy on December 05, 2012, 04:44:55 PM
Since the MicroADSB is not in the device list, I still haven't figured out which device to select.

As I posted earlier and now repeated by viking9, select AVR receiver.
Here to Help.