Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:57:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Basestation stops.

Started by N69120, November 03, 2013, 01:34:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

N69120

Has anyone seen this before. With my Basestation running, when I start PP the basestation grinds to a halt?

Im running Windows7
3GB of RAM and 2.4GHz Intel Dual core.

The SBS3 is running off ethernet.
BS version 179 and SBS build 116

When I run PP on its own and check GS/MU settings, everything is ok and it says i'm an approved GS?

Everything worked fine on the old computer and for some reason the new computer is not having it!
Any Thoughts
Andy.

Anmer

In what way does Basestation "Stop"?

Does it freeze, crash or issue an error message.
Here to Help.

Saudistu

I had exactly the same if you mean that Basestation freezes. You need to check the Network settings in the Non-Volatile and the other place (forget the name off hand) in Basestation. Remember, the Non-Volatile can only be updated whilst connected by USB. On mine it was something to do with the Port settings.

N69120

Quote from: Anmer on November 03, 2013, 01:41:25 PM
In what way does Basestation "Stop"?

Does it freeze, crash or issue an error message.

The time and map freezes, if i then click on anything in BS it throws a Not responding message.
Andy.

Anmer

Are you connecting to the SBS-3 via Ethernet?

And how are you running PP, via port 30003 or direct to the SBS-3 across your local network?

The SBS-3 only allows one concurrent Ethernet IP connection.
Here to Help.

N69120

Quote from: Anmer on November 03, 2013, 02:27:22 PM
Are you connecting to the SBS-3 via Ethernet?

And how are you running PP, via port 30003 or direct to the SBS-3 across your local network?

The SBS-3 only allows one concurrent Ethernet IP connection.
SBS-3 is connected via Ethernet.
When I connect PP using SBS1/RBv3 TCP this is when BS freezes but when I check GS/MU networking settings everythings good. 
If i connect using SBS1/3 direct TCP then  the GS/MU networking settings say I have no raw data in the buffer.

Andy.

Anmer

If you have Basestation running you should connect in PP via TCP/IP using the IP address of the PC running Basestation and port 30003.

Can you try this, ignoring raw data for the moment?  If PP and Basestation operate OK, we can then move on to sorting out raw data.
Here to Help.

IanH

From Mike's comment about SBS-3 only allowing 1 concurrent internet connection, seems like  when BS freezes that PP is connecting to the SBS-3 and freezing out BS. The fact that PP continues to provide data is an indication.

In the 2nd instance, sounds like BS has got the connection to the SBS-3 so PP cannot - but BS can feed PP if set up correctly.

See what happens on the PP screen rather than worrying about the shared data - no movement on PP - mo connection.

So follow Anmer's instructions - small steps to diagnose the problem.

N69120

Ok this is what I have in settings on PP

Basestation runs fine and PP runs but minus the aircraft I would be sharing.

[Attachment deleted by Admin to save file space]
Andy.

IanH

For SBS1/3 direct TCP, what IP address have you entered in the section Option/Mode-S Receiver/Kinetic SBS Family for the SBS3 Direct IP address?

And what address do you use when connecting using SBS1/RBv3 TCP?

N69120

I have 192.168.1.170:10001 as the SBS3 direct ip address, which is the same as in my hardware network settings in Basestation.
Im not sure what address i use for the SBS/RBv3 TCP
Andy.

Anmer

Quote from: N69120 on November 03, 2013, 06:56:12 PM
Im not sure what address i use for the SBS/RBv3 TCP

The IP address is that of the PC running Basestation, port 30003.

If it's the same PC as that running PP, it can be 127.0.0.1:30003.
Here to Help.

N69120

Right, i'm getting a little lost.

both PP and Basestation are on one PC, and the SBS-3 is linked to my router via ethernet and the PC is linked to the router via ethernet.
So which setting should PP be on SBS1/RBv3 TCP or SBS1/3 direct TCP?
Ive changed the ip in Option/Mode-S Receiver/Kinetic SBS Family to 127.0.0.1:30003.
Andy.

IanH

Port 10001 is usually the output from the SBS to Basestation.

BaseStation then outputs on Port 30003 to PlanePlotter.

So if you have port 10001 in PlanePlotter, it is connecting directly to the SBS and NOT to Basestation.

So BaseStation gets upset!

N69120

Yay, Ive changed to 30003 in the sbs settings in PP and I think everythings good. PP is working good with my sharing sorted and GS/MU test is ok too. Thanks Guys for all your help.
Andy.