Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:28:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Globe-S RTL1090

Started by JODEL, December 07, 2013, 02:25:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JODEL

Hello Everyone,
Have been trying Globe-s with RTL1090,(for when I'm on the move, normally use SBS1), all seems to be showing on the GLOBE radar screen OK, but when I paste my basestation.sqb into globertl1090/runtime, it does not pick up the aircraft information (no reg. information).
Have you any ideas?????
Regards
Colin

IanH

I think that I had this problem but so long ago that I'm not sure if this is the cure:

But try checking the name is Basestation.sqb [note capital B]. That's what I have in my Globesmini directory and it works.

Ian

JODEL

Hi Ian,
I have already tried it with and without capitals with the same result.
Thanks
Colin

JODEL

Yipeee,
As you all guest it was ME.....I had been putting sqb  behind the file name!!!!!!!! all working now.
Colin

esmith

Glad to see that someone else is using Globe-s.
Is there any documentation for the ini files?
(globe-s-labelman.ini, globes.bup.ini, globes.ini, globes.sbs.ini, & jetvision.ini)
By trial and error (heavy on error), I've got it working pretty well and have created waypoint and outline files that mostly suit my needs but I would like to know more.
There is a LOT of stuff in those files!

Screenshot during a lull at MEM:

[Attachment deleted by Admin to save file space]
--Emory Smith

IanH

Probably an under-rated piece of software based on a commercial application. I like that SergSero included the ability of modeSmixer2 to output GlobeS data so it will run on a PC (rather than just a RasPi) without multiple complicated conversion steps  ;D

Can't say I have ever looked into the ini files. I assume they just store the settings of the program so it starts up each time as previously organised.

Waypoint and outline files are in the format of Kinetic BaseStation software - not specific to GlobeS and there are guides for creating those (some on this website).