Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:05:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Windows 8 - Basestation Reporter.

Started by KenR, December 10, 2013, 01:37:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KenR

Background.
I have just purchased a new netbook for travelling (Acer V5) to replace my ageing Samsung NC10.
The new netbook comes with Windows 8 and a touch screen.   I have upgraded it by downloading Windows 8.1.
My Problem.
Basestation Reporter will not work - reporting "EDatabseError - SQL logic error or missing database"
I am assuming the error is "Missing database" considering Reporter loads very quickly and I have a large sqb.

I have user account control set to Never Notify, but UNLIKE my Windows 7 computer, the basestation being updated in Windows 8.1 is in Virtual Store.  (Windows 7 with user account control set to never notify updates the sqb in c:/programFiles/Kinetic/Basestation.)

I cannot see any reference in BasestationReporter.ini to where the sqb is located, so assume it expects the sqb to be in the same directory.   I have also put a copy of reporter in the basestation folder in virtual store.

Any input would be appreciated.

Many Thanks

Ken

Chris-G0WTZ

I have had some big issues with Windows 8 OEM versions playing up
I made a folder in the root of C called Kinetic and installed basestation there. It now runs happily on Win 8 without the virtual store being involved.
My note book is Win 8 and all is fine on that in the default clearly something in the OEM install from my computer supplier