New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 11, 2021, 07:42:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 53737
  • Total Topics: 13016
  • Online Today: 39
  • Online Ever: 97
  • (March 21, 2021, 08:40:17 AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 25
Total: 29

Donations

Donations help with annual costs and keep Radarspotting free of advertising. Thank you.

Latest Post

Latest File

Silhouettes, Profiles and Operator Logos

If you're looking for a bulk download, we have over 66,000 aircraft silhouettes, profiles and operator logos available in bmp file format, 85x20 pixels. You can find all the Zip files here.  

For help installing these files, there's a free Guide here

Some of the Latest Additions:

Author Topic: ModeSDeco2 vs. Dump1090-Mutability - Number of plane, a big different. Why?  (Read 3481 times)

Offline EDDG

Hey Everybody,

i'm using a Pi2 with a Nooelec USB-Stick. The Pi2 programmed with ModeSDeco2 and Dump1090, i`m using it to compare both tools. Please look at the screenshot, ModeSDeco2 shows me 59 planes, and Dump1090 80 planes.

Any ideas why? I optimized gain, ppm as good as i can, but i can`t get the numbers of plane with ModeSDeco. Same ist when i use SDR# for feeding VRS on my windows-pc, VRS shows me more planes as ModeSDeco2...

Any one a idea why there`s such a big differenz?

Best regards,
Peter

P.S.: @sergsero, it would be great to have a ModeSDeco2 with numbers of planes from Dump1090 and the detailed info about planes from VRS :) :)

Offline zachmart

It may be caused by the time of "deleting" airplane from the "tracked" list. It means that you may track 59 planes in real time but Dump1090 counts +21 which are already gone for you but they are still counted. In Radarcape there is a value "Omit aircraft after" which means this, if i am not wrong, correct me if I am.

Offline EDDG

Ok, that could be the solution. I'll check if there's an option at Dump1090 where i can change this time.

Thanks for your idea!

Best regards,
Peter

Offline EDDG

--interactive-ttl <sec>  Remove from list if idle for <sec> (default: 60)

Aaaaaaaah :)! I'll try it tomorrow...

Offline EDDG

Hey Sergsero,

can you explain these option:

--filter-expire arg      Filter record expire time, sec (default: 20)
  --filter-count arg       Filter record min count (default: 6)
  --filter-time arg        filter record min time, sec (default: 60)
  --flight-expire-time arg Flight expire time, sec (default: 3600)

Thanks!

Best regards,
Peter

Offline APO1972

Me too...
I like so much the modesdeco2!!!...but always i've run it , had fewer targets and closer targets than dump1090...
When i tried to change and play with the gain with other lower than the maximum 49.6 , always had worse results...reduced the number of the targets and also the distance...
ppm i used was from 53 to 64 without a big differences.