Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 03, 2024, 03:24:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Hi I'm newbie

Started by ufaforwork2 (Banned), July 17, 2017, 11:43:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ufaforwork2 (Banned)

Hello ! everyone my name's Thierry.

Just joined this forum, I've been running a RTL1090 feeding into FR24 for about a year now on a Laptop.

I have created a script to email me when something interesting is flying over or something is flying low. I often connect to it over the internet to see what's above then house when I am out at work.

Recently I decided to create a more portable solution which I can use when I am travelling around the county where we have lots of aircraft flying over and usually when I am unable to see them, just hear them.

So I brought a cheap Windows 8.1 Tablet and installed RTL1090 and it works great, but is really hard to read RTL1090 with the small screen. To make it better I have written a program which reads the data from RTL1090 and presents it in a more friendly way for a small screen tablet user, without a mouse / keyboard.
My plan for the program is to eventually release it as free utility to the community for others to use.

Because it's on a tablet my wife has nicknamed it an aPad (with the a standing for anorak although aviation is more appropriate)

I've attached a photo, please excuse the app title, it's just a working title at the moment.

Anmer

Welcome.

Unfortunately I don't see an attachment?

Update.

I've removed the hidden links to a betting site from your post.

I hope you're not a spammer?
Here to Help.

Anmer

Just banned this member.  I suppose just one "spammer" in 5 years isn't too bad.

I eventually found the post he copied:

https://radarspotting.com/forum/index.php/topic,5285.msg25060.html#msg25060
Here to Help.

Graham Bell

Good piece of detective work Mike! - Anmer aka Hercule Poirot 8)
Regards-
G.B.

corsa

Mike

Thanks for your good work, how did you spot this ?   We don't need people like that on our site.....

Regards

Tom

Anmer

Quote from: corsa on July 18, 2017, 05:56:11 PM
Thanks for your good work, how did you spot this ?   We don't need people like that on our site.....

Jamie spotted the hidden link.  I found the copied post.

As they say, for security reasons, we never disclose our sources.  :)
Here to Help.

corsa

Well done to you both

Tom