Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:09:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Base Station not working

Started by John Roe, January 24, 2021, 12:39:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Roe

hello, is there any one who can l at the problem i have with Base Station not receiiving aircraft. thankyou

Anmer

I have spent many, many hours, over many months, using remote support to try and help John with his BaseStation setup.  John's internet connection isn't great and this hasn't helped.

In the end, for lots of reasons, I reluctantly had to give up.  Hopefully someone else can help John and I'm happy to share my past experiences via PM, if necessary.
Here to Help.

Ospreyv22

Hi John,

Hope I'm not barking up the wrong tree but read this pdf link.

http://www.kinetic.co.uk/DownloadFiles/Assorted/SBS1-eR-ReferenceManual.pdf

Regards

Ospreyv22

John Roe

The Federal government introjuced the National Broadband Network for all to connect to, my present speed is 8 pings at 22.70, the server state that it is a fair speed, some people say it is no faster than the old system, me, i dont know, due to the virus 19, we do not allow any International aircraft to land at Perth, Western Australia is 100% clean of infection, we only have domestic flights operating within, it is pointless like this and have shut it down, available AC movement is only detected by Basestation within 25 nm,. i  am prepaired to sell the whole setup. fedup with the lack of support and the bright help.

Anmer

Quote from: John Roe on January 26, 2021, 01:17:49 PM
fedup with the lack of support and the bright help.

That's a bit unfair John.  I've spent hours and hours trying to help you with remote support.  I have 250 email exchanges with you over the last two years.

The issue isn't technical!
Here to Help.

John Roe

Sorrry Mike, the comment was far directed at you, i apreciate the work you have done for me, i ws directing my crittism at kinetic and Basestation,you write to the  with never a relpy.

Anmer

Quote from: John Roe on January 27, 2021, 07:29:46 AM
Sorrry Mike, the comment was far directed at you

Thanks John, I thought you were disappointed by the lack of support from this forum.

Kinetic has ceased production and support for the SBS/Puck receivers and its BaseStation software.  Its forum has disappeared but its website still hosts the latest BaseStation firmware and software versions.

That said, when I last did a remote session with you, your SBS was working and so too was BaseStation.  At that time there was nothing for Kinetic to fix and I suspect that holds true today.  My working SBS is 16 years old and I run BaseStation everyday.

From memory, your recent issues revolved around your BaseStation installation and PlanePlotter.  It wasn't a Kinetic induced issue and whenever I've got you back up and running, a few months later things would get out of sync again.

Maybe try a clean install of BaseStation?  And then move foward from there, one step at a time?
Here to Help.

John Roe

HI mike,
( Maybe try a clean install of BaseStation?  And then move foward from there, one step at a time? )

The problem is i do not have the knowhow or capability.
my health and mental situation has deteriated more recently.

Anmer

Hi John

I'm happy to try once again but all I can attemp is a fresh install of BaseStation and get it working with your SBS.  If you want to configure BaseStation with logos and silhouettes, I'll have to leave that for you to do yourself.  Likewise if you want to use PlanePlotter.

If I manage to get BaseStation working in a default "out-of-the-box" flavour, I won't be available again if it goes wrong afterwards.

That's the best I can offer.
Here to Help.

Anmer

Hi John

Yesterday I replied to your email and today I received a message (redacted for reasons of privacy):

The following addresses had permanent fatal errors

----- Transcript of session follows -----
User unknown

Here to Help.

John Roe

Hi Mike,
I am unable to understand what this was all about (  a message (redacted for reasons of privacy):

User unknown     )

The Basestationm computer is is turned on ready for what you intend to carry out

cheers john

Anmer

Quote from: John Roe on February 09, 2021, 04:44:02 AM
I am unable to understand what this was all about (  a message (redacted for reasons of privacy):

User unknown     )

Hi John

When I replied to your email it was rejected by the server because the address was not known - your noonda one.  User Unknown usually means the email address doesn't exist and messages can't be delivered.

I have since sent you another message to your mybooja42 address, dated Thursday 4th February.  Have you received it?
Here to Help.