Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:50:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Any1 using Windows 11 and BaseStation?

Started by Pipo, October 16, 2021, 05:43:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pipo

Hello all,

As we all know is Windows 11 released this month, and i was wondering if any of the members here is using Windows 11 with BaseStation and if so is this working without any issues?

Thanks for the answers
SBS-1e & SBS-3 Raspberry Pi 3 & Pi 4
Uniden UBC125XLT

Anmer

Quote from: s92driver on October 16, 2021, 10:22:38 PM
It'll work, no issues.

But first check your PC can work with Win 11.

I have a high end PC and the Health Check said it wouldn't:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/windows-11#pchealthcheck

Here to Help.

Oldfella

Like you Anmer, I have what I thought was an acceptable PC running an Intel CPU i7-7700 @ 3.6GHz but it failed the Windows 11 Health Check  :-\.

Also will need to enable he TPM 2.0 settings in the BOIS.

Not happy Jan!
Oldfella

mhm

I find it not worth updating at the start of new op syt i let everyone else have the problems, mostly because microsoft upgrades means you have to buy new software word excel and others to boot
Mike
Colon Cancer Survivor for the Time Being

Anmer

Quote from: mhm on October 19, 2021, 09:02:13 AM
I find it not worth updating at the start of new op syt i let everyone else have the problems, mostly because microsoft upgrades means you have to buy new software word excel and others to boot

A valid point.

However, updating the Windows OS doesn't always mean apps also have to be upgraded.

I'm still using Office 2013 through my migration from Windows 7 to 10.

But it's reported Office 2013 will not be supported by Windows 11, creating another hurdle.

And I'm still running "legacy" apps from Windows XP so an upgrade will need careful planning.
Here to Help.

Pipo

Yesterday i upgraded to Windows 11 Pro and BS is running like on Windows 10. I also got a company copy of Office 2021 so that one is also running on Windows 11. Did some tweaking on Windows 11 (start menu not centered but back to the left, also some explorer tweaking) i have to say the interface is a bit better but some things are hard to find. Also Paint is not like it was before so have to find some regedit tips to get the old Paint UI back.
Uniden UBC125XLT

Anmer

Did this solve your problem (communicated via PM) with the Aircraft Details window?
Here to Help.

Pipo

Quote from: Anmer on October 19, 2021, 10:52:13 AM
Did this solve your problem (communicated via PM) with the Aircraft Details window?

Not realy, but after i contacted Microsoft and sent them info they found out that a update for my Office 2019 was doing this, so they sent me a fix so that xml is back to work in BS as it has be before the update.
Uniden UBC125XLT

Anmer

Thanks.

So, an upgrade to Office 2019 caused the BaseStation Aircraft Details Window to stop working and a fix from Microsofy resolved it?

I don't suppose you know what was "fixed"?  It may help others.
Here to Help.

Pipo

The only thing they told me that xml is / was connected to Office 2019 after this update. But they where not able to tell what was the correct issue. When Win11 was on my pc, i setup Office 2021 and fingers crossed that the xml was not connected to Office, BS was running fine. I did a uninstall of Office 2019 with Revo Uninstaller and re-boot pc and then xml was back to work in BS. Then i did a re-install of Office 2019 and still BS was working, i then upgrade to 2021 and also no issue, even after getting KB updates for Win11 and Office 2021.
Uniden UBC125XLT

Anmer

Thank you.

One for me to watch out for in future.

I knew BaseStation could only use IE for the Aircraft Details Window.  No other browser.  I guess it now has to make use of Edge?
Here to Help.

Pipo

Quote from: Anmer on October 19, 2021, 11:57:05 AM
Thank you.

One for me to watch out for in future.

I knew BaseStation could only use IE for the Aircraft Details Window.  No other browser.  I guess it now has to make use of Edge?

IE is still inside Win10 and Win11, but i never use edge (i use Chrome). But somewhere inside a small patch for Office there was a issue with XML. But now everything works fine. I would say: Before do any updates for Office make a system restore so you can go back. The people from MS told me they will look inside the latest patches to see if there is a bug in XML or something.
Uniden UBC125XLT