Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 10:40:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

feed airnav radabox software with modesmixer2

Started by herrmann-s, February 29, 2016, 07:32:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

herrmann-s

hi, i have airnav radarbox software left which i bought years ago with the box. the software isnt too bad and now my question. is there any way to feed the software with modesmixer?

IanH

I doubt it. Radarbox software seems to need to be connected to the Radarbox hardware before it displays any data.

I've never seen any information about the data flow between hardware and software so I guess it only understands data from a Radarbox.

Unless someone knows differently  :-\

Anmer

The latest release of the RadarBox software, Version 6, allegedly works with any DVB-T SDR "dongle".

This, I suspect, is to feed more data to RadarBox24.  AirNav sees this as a price it's willing to pay to get additional coverage.  Open up RadarBox software to non-AirNav hardware.  But you have to feed your data to its servers.

So maybe one can feed Version 6 from ModesMixer?  My guess, we need Sergsero to confirm.

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=8646.msg119065#msg119065
Here to Help.

herrmann-s

nice to hear. i hope serge will support it soon. maybe with an "rtl stick" emulator or a "virtual lan to usb interface"

i have radabox 6 software running with rb1 active but without connected hw (dont ask how i did) but i have no idea which port this software is listening.

IanH

Ah yes, forgot about that. Was thinking of the locked in state of current software.

How do you get Version 6?

IanH

Thank you for that. I'll download and try it sometime

Anmer

Just a thought.

I think Version 6 has an embedded message decoder and isn't looking for decoded messages on a particular port.
Here to Help.

IanH

And Tarbat has been trying version 6. He had wanted to send data from a dongle to Radarbox software and something else but could not do that. Radar box or nothing once connected as I recall.

Anmer

That's correct Ian.  I think this is one for Sergsero.
Here to Help.