Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:48:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Feeding data from Piaware to Basestation

Started by Nigel, October 05, 2016, 08:10:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nigel

I have Flightaware Prostick connected to a Rapberry Pi 3b and through PiaWare on the Pi I'm feeding data to FlightAware Dump1090. I would also like to feed the data to Basestation. I have been advised to install and excute modesmixer2 onto the Pi which I have done. Please could someone tell me the commands that I need to use on the Pi to get modesmixer2 to transfer data to Basestation. I've looked at and various postings on this forum and elsewhere and tried things suggested without success.

Thank you 

Nigel

Please ignore my last message. I've now got the feed to Basestation..thanks

IanH

I'll post my response anyway since I wrote it  ;)

Just for reference in case anyone else wants to know 0 hopefully it is simailar to how you did it,

Similar concept to the replies we gave for using modesdeco2 http://radarspotting.com/forum/index.php/topic,6314.msg30911.html#msg30911

The following assumes the Prostick is on the same PC as modesmixer2 and Basestation software.

Create a batch file with the following commands (note there just 3 lines of code here, the 2nd line may wrap!):

@echo off
cmd /c modesmixer2.exe --web 8086 --location 52.0345:-0.8576 --inConnect 127.0.0.1:30005 --inConnect 127.0.0.1:31003 --outServer sbs10001:10001
PAUSE
exit

Substitute your location info, The --web and --location bits are not necessary to get ti workign with Basestation but might be helpful if this does not work.

Save the batch file to the same folder that contains modesmixer2.exe.

Run Basestation and make sure that Settings/Hardware Settings/Network has 127.0.0.1 in the Address box and 10001 in the Port box.

Start the batch file and you should see the output from Piaware both the ADSB (from port 30005) and MLAT (from port 31003).

Let us know if t works - if not we can try some diagnostics