Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 04:41:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Keeping Radarspotting.com Independent

Started by Anmer, May 05, 2012, 08:44:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anmer

My only reason for starting Radarspotting.com was to help others get as much enjoyment as possible from the virtual radar hobby and privide free and impartial advice.  I also needed a ditribution channel for my User Guides.

There are costs to running a forum, such as domain name, hosting and software licence fees.  Time is the biggest investment and everyone gives this free of charge.

There are alternative forums, some provided by hardware or software suppliers.  Others use banners or intrusive adverts to generate income.

I always wanted Radarspotting.com to be truly independent and free of adverts by covering its costs by donations which, I'm pleased to say, you have helped me achieve.  Thank you.

I'd also like to test and review every possible receiver, software and accessory but can't afford to buy these and must rely of the goodwill of suppliers and members to loan me equipment.  Some may think this introduces a bias but I always try to offer an impartial and balanced review and won't hold back on pointing things that could be improved.

I'm not sure how Radarspotting.com will evolve but it will remain independent and free of advertising.  And as a community forum I very much welcome your views, suggestions and criticisms.  Either post your views and ideas here or send me a Personal Message.

Thank you for your continued support.
Here to Help.

Roadrunner

Mike,

I really appreciate all the efforts put into running a forum such as this and can say that it is very much appreciated. I try and donate as and when funds permit and will continue to do so.

Regards

Mike

Anmer

Thanks Mike.  Please don't worry about donations, I appreciate many of us are now on a pension.  ???

I was seeking suggestions and feedback, especially ideas to make the forum more helpful.  I regard it as "our" forum and want to keep it free from adverts.
Here to Help.