Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:19:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

ModeSDeco2 vs. Dump1090-Mutability - Number of plane, a big different. Why?

Started by EDDG, April 28, 2015, 12:12:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EDDG

Hey Everybody,

i'm using a Pi2 with a Nooelec USB-Stick. The Pi2 programmed with ModeSDeco2 and Dump1090, i`m using it to compare both tools. Please look at the screenshot, ModeSDeco2 shows me 59 planes, and Dump1090 80 planes.

Any ideas why? I optimized gain, ppm as good as i can, but i can`t get the numbers of plane with ModeSDeco. Same ist when i use SDR# for feeding VRS on my windows-pc, VRS shows me more planes as ModeSDeco2...

Any one a idea why there`s such a big differenz?

Best regards,
Peter

P.S.: @sergsero, it would be great to have a ModeSDeco2 with numbers of planes from Dump1090 and the detailed info about planes from VRS :) :)

[Attachment deleted by Admin to save file space]

zachmart

It may be caused by the time of "deleting" airplane from the "tracked" list. It means that you may track 59 planes in real time but Dump1090 counts +21 which are already gone for you but they are still counted. In Radarcape there is a value "Omit aircraft after" which means this, if i am not wrong, correct me if I am.

EDDG

Ok, that could be the solution. I'll check if there's an option at Dump1090 where i can change this time.

Thanks for your idea!

Best regards,
Peter

EDDG

--interactive-ttl <sec>  Remove from list if idle for <sec> (default: 60)

Aaaaaaaah :)! I'll try it tomorrow...

EDDG

Hey Sergsero,

can you explain these option:

--filter-expire arg      Filter record expire time, sec (default: 20)
  --filter-count arg       Filter record min count (default: 6)
  --filter-time arg        filter record min time, sec (default: 60)
  --flight-expire-time arg Flight expire time, sec (default: 3600)

Thanks!

Best regards,
Peter

APO1972

Me too...
I like so much the modesdeco2!!!...but always i've run it , had fewer targets and closer targets than dump1090...
When i tried to change and play with the gain with other lower than the maximum 49.6 , always had worse results...reduced the number of the targets and also the distance...
ppm i used was from 53 to 64 without a big differences.