Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 04:52:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Active Display Route Information

Started by Nigel, June 16, 2019, 06:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nigel

Has anyone attempted to update the Route data in the Active Display Reference database with success? I've been trying to import data to the Routes table using a csv file as per the instruction manual, through the 'Append Routes' function but it doesn't seem to work for me.

My only other option is to edit the Routes Table, one-by-one, which does work, but I've got 315,000 entries to add!

Many thanks

jakems

Hi

I have loaded csv files of routes on a number of occasions without any problems. The one thing I have noticed is that if a callsign exists and you load the same callsign with a different route it does not delete the original route and you still get the original route, both are in the database table. What I have done is if I get a csv file for an airline I use a db editor, I use SQLLite Expert Personal, to delete all the routes for that airline before I load the csv.
Steve

Nigel

Thanks for the reply. It doesn't seem to like my csv file although the format follows that in the instruction manual. If I input them individually they are added to the database table, and from testing, separate inputs update the record already present in the database. I guess I'll just have to input an number of specific airline flights as 315,000 + is impossible.

Thanks again

Anmer

What are you using to create the csv file?
Here to Help.

Nigel

The data is in an Excel spreadsheet saved as a .csv file

Anmer

Thanks.

I don't have an AD Pro licence so can't test.  I'd buy a licence if I knew the product was still being supported!

Have you tried saving the dfata using different csv formats?
Here to Help.

Nigel

No, I'm not sure how to do that. If I save it as a .txt file it loses the comma delimiters.

Any advice would be appreciated

Thank you

Anmer

What version of Excel are you using and what operating system?
Here to Help.

jakems

Hi

This is the format that works for me:

1,26/10/18 23:59:59,LDM31XA,PMI,HAJ,LEPA,EDDV
2,26/10/18 23:59:59,LDM25KP,HAJ,PMI,EDDV,LEPA

I don't think it does anything with the first two columns, but I guess they need to be there.
Steve

Tristar500

I'm not sure that the format shown in the instruction manual, of just 3 fields, is correct, I've found that it requires several additional fields (6 in total) to be present, whether populated or not.

The format I've used is:

,,VIR23J,LHR,LAX,EGLL,KLAX  (for both IATA & ICAO codes)

or

,,VIR23J,LHR,LAX,,   (for IATA codes only)

or

,,VIR23J,,,EGLL,KLAX  (for ICAO codes only)

The first field is used for the record number if I recall correctly and this will be populated when the records are added.

If you export the existing database it will show you the format required.

Anmer

Can you post an extract of the your csv file?
Here to Help.

Nigel

Thank you for all the various snippets of advice in response to my message...I've cracked it. I was following the manual to the letter so that the format of my csv file was [Flight No.], [Origin in IATA code], [Destination in IATA code]. I revised the csv file in Excel following the advice above so it is now:

[Row number], [Date and Time], [Flight No.], [Origin in IATA], [Destination in IATA], [Origin in ICAO], Destination in ICAO]

This data appended very quickly and so the Route column in AD is now being populated.

Many thanks for all the help, and to Anmer for providing such an invaluable forum

Anmer

Great you've solved it.  Thanks for the feedback which may help others.

And Thanks to Jakems and Tristar500 for getting you on the right track.  I was going to say "route".  :)
Here to Help.