Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 09:30:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Populated SQB file

Started by s92driver, August 16, 2020, 11:25:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anmer

Here to Help.

s92driver

Quote from: Anmer on December 31, 2020, 11:42:37 AM
Quote from: s92driver on December 31, 2020, 11:03:42 AM
Here's to a better 2021,

What was the last one like?  :)

:P

I've been told 2021 BC was pretty crap.  No planes or internet for starters  8)

gonzalu

/Manny

s92driver

The latest SQB should be posted very soon.  I've added about 50 airport "Locations" in Europe and N America.  Any more can be added by request, just drop me a PM.  These are used by Basestation to display aircraft on the ground, so are of more value if you use Basestation on the road.

I've also captured all N American "new" vs "old" livery info.

Next month will see a bigger announcement, with some more testing taking place before the launch  8)

Steve

gregstu6910

Hi Anmer
"With Tim's invaluable assistance I've created a short Guide on merging two Basestation.sqb files".

The Guide link is taking me to the Dominican Republic VOR outline, any chance of getting back as I wish to combine two SQB file?

greg

Anmer

Quote from: gregstu6910 on May 22, 2021, 08:18:44 AM
The Guide link is taking me to the Dominican Republic VOR outline, any chance of getting back as I wish to combine two SQB file?

Apologies, the post was prior to the Forum upgrade at the end of the year and that's why the link was invalid.  Thanks for pointing this out.  I've corrected the link in the post and you will find it here:

https://radarspotting.com/forum/index.php?action=tportal&sa=download;dl=item30

All Guides can be found in this section of the forum:

https://radarspotting.com/forum/index.php?action=tportal;sa=download;dl=cat5

And Welcome to the forum  ;D
Here to Help.

s92driver

I somehow managed to update an existing post with this message.  I'll post a new message so please ignore the duplication!

Anmer has just posted my monthly SQB update, along with the corrresponding Zip file of my images.  These do go together as a pair.

If anyone would like to keep their sqb from month to month, rather than download a new one every month, I am in a position to run updates on existing sqb's.  This will have the advantage that your "logs" will be retained.

I don't have a huge amount of time to update exisiting files, so depending on demand I may have to eventually say "not yet". 

Send me a PM is you'd be interested in me updating your sqb rather than having a new file every month.  Note that I will continue posting the new file as well.

Steve

s92driver

Anmer has just posted my monthly SQB update, along with the corrresponding Zip file of my images.  These do go together as a pair.

If anyone would like to keep their sqb from month to month, rather than download a new one every month, I am in a position to run updates on existing sqb's.  This will have the advantage that your "logs" will be retained.

I don't have a huge amount of time to update exisiting files, so depending on demand I may have to eventually say "not yet".

Send me a PM is you'd be interested in me updating your sqb rather than having a new file every month.  Note that I will continue posting the new file as well.

Steve

s92driver

This month's updated SQB will be a few days late, as I've been away doing some actual spotting  8)

This months update will contain about 1800 "miscodes" for the first time.

I hope to get the update out tomorrow.

Steve

mezoo

Dear Steve,

First of all, thank you very much for keeping us supplied with an updated Basestion file.
I mainly use it to correct the data from my Radarcape receiver during and after logging.

In the latest file (December 2021) I noticed that some entries in the 'OperatorFlagCode' field are unusual and are breaking my software.
For these the OperatorFlagCode is shown as either the Type (e.g.E295) or a combination of Type and Operator ICAO (e.g. KLCE295 or HZmofB788)

Most entries are as I would expect  - the three letter ICAO code for the airline e.g. BAW, DLH, etc.

Is this a bug or are you changing the format ?

All the best for 2022 !!

mezoo

P.S. You can check by running the following SQL Query : select * from Aircraft where ICAOTypeCode = 'E295'

s92driver

Quote from: mezoo on December 29, 2021, 05:09:32 PM
Dear Steve,

First of all, thank you very much for keeping us supplied with an updated Basestion file.
I mainly use it to correct the data from my Radarcape receiver during and after logging.

In the latest file (December 2021) I noticed that some entries in the 'OperatorFlagCode' field are unusual and are breaking my software.
For these the OperatorFlagCode is shown as either the Type (e.g.E295) or a combination of Type and Operator ICAO (e.g. KLCE295 or HZmofB788)

Most entries are as I would expect  - the three letter ICAO code for the airline e.g. BAW, DLH, etc.

Is this a bug or are you changing the format ?

All the best for 2022 !!

mezoo

P.S. You can check by running the following SQL Query : select * from Aircraft where ICAOTypeCode = 'E295'

Hi mezzo,

The program crashing does sound odd, and shouldn't be caused by an an entry in the OperatorFlagCode field as long as no special characters are used (!, *, &, etc).  The E295 type code is correct, as it's the allocated ICAO code for the Embraer 195 E2s.

Could the crash be caused by an OperatorFlagCode that doesn't have a corresponding Image in the OperatorFlag folder?

Steve

Anmer

Quote from: mezoo on December 29, 2021, 05:09:32 PM

Steve's Basestation.sqb file has many OperatorFlagCode entries that do not use the official ICAO Type Code.  This is to match the file names used for his Side View logos.

For example in his sqb file from August 2020, therre are many such entries for OperatorFlagCode, see attached.  This is not new.

How is this "breaking your software"?  What are you experiencing?

[attachment deleted reduce file load]
Here to Help.

Anmer

Quote from: s92driver on December 29, 2021, 05:33:25 PM
Could the crash be caused by an OperatorFlagCode that doesn't have a corresponding Image in the OperatorFlag folder?

This shouldn't cause a "crash".  It would just leave an empty logo placeholder.
Here to Help.

mezoo

Thanks for the quick reply and explanation.

Crash is maybe too dramatic.

The Basestation SQB file is just used to look-up of airplane data (registration, type, operator, operator name) for new or unknown aircraft.
I used the OperatorFlagCode field to obtain the ICAO operator code for aircraft.

So for the previously unknown KLC aircraft PH-NXB (486258) my software would expect the entry 'KLC' and not 'KLCE295'.
Looking at the entries in the 'OperatorFlagCode' field there seem to be various data formats used : operator, type, registration, operator+type.
Which makes things a bit more interesting ;-)

So I am not sure how to modify my program :
        reject all entries longer than 3 characters,
        or grab the operator name and use it to look up the operator code elsewhere,
        e.g. by adding an additional column to the Basestation sqb.

This is my project for the long winter nights and I havn't worked on it since March 2021.
Think of it as VRS light with a longterm database and statistics all the way back to 2013.

s92driver

I can easily generate an up to date SQB that just contains the ICAO Operator code in the OperatorFlagCode field.  PM me your email address and I'll send you a link to download it.   8)

Steve