Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:01:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

I am still alive

Started by gonzalu, August 15, 2021, 11:38:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gonzalu

Hello everyone,

First off, I am alive and well. Doing OK in light of all that has happened in the past few months.

My new job has been extremely challenging and being in middle management sucks... working literally 12 hours a day.

While I still have my ADS-B receivers, I did have a catastrophic failure which took me a few months to concentrate and recover and re-build it all. Lots of software LOL.

My RPis (3 of them) and antennas sit outside fully... only using power from a weatherproof outlet. I miscalculated the power draw and dissipation and I melted the radios (all six of them, three 1090MHz and 3 980MHz) and two of the RPis. The third one is limping along. The heat in NYC has been ridiculous and I neglected to check in on temps inside the enclosure. One PC fan could not handle the heat ... lesson learned. I am now just running one RPi (the one that survived) and cheapo USB radios (not optimized) and feeding only FlightAware. I may  decide to just use one single RPi to feed all the services I used to with three.

Anyhow, today was the first time I have launched my central VRS that collects from all three raspberries and noticed hey, I am missing LOGOs and SIDE VIEWS hahahahaa. So I came here (back home) and felt like I never left.

Anyway, some reached out and shared kind words and I really appreciate it. I will try to slowly get back into the routine as I absolutely miss the action.

Just came back from a day at JFK and it was the first time in MONTHS that I spend a few hours just plane spotting.

I hope everyone is doing well. Hugs and best wishes from New York City.

Cheers
Manny
/Manny

Anmer

Hi Manny

Good to hear from you and thanks for the update.

I've uploaded your logos from the last Zip file into our new Gallery.  Let me know if you want to start making new ones again and upload them yourself?

Here to Help.

gonzalu

Thank you,

I certainly will re-start at some point. I LOVE the new Gallery feature. Makes it so easy to find stuff. Certainly will have to get used to it :D

Cheers!
/Manny

Anmer

Let me know if and when you want to start adding logos and I'll set you up.
Here to Help.