Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:25:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

The FR24 receiver that will be sold later will have more options and features.

Started by Brian, February 15, 2013, 05:55:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian

[Info on the PAID FR24 box:]

The FR24 receiver that will be sold later will have more options and features. (Release date around March/April,2013)

* USB in front will be used for extensions in the future. For example WiFi connection, second ADS-B receiver, AIS receiver, weather station, web cam.

* The receivers that will be sold on the market later, will be more open for public add-ons.

** The free receivers provided by FR24 are controlled by FR24, and extensions will be limited to these approved by FR24.

[Link will be added, once the page is added on FR24 website]

[Attachment deleted by Admin to save file space]

birdie

My Free FR24 receiver have arrived and on the air for the last 2 weeks.

Enjoy watching F-WSSS1 into South China Sea ( not West Philippines sea ), West coast of Singkawang ( West Coast of West Borneo)  and the Bangka Belitung  Islands North of Jakarta.
To give "Unique Coverage of WSSS" in www.Radarbox24.com !

stonosnr

Any more progress on a possible public release date yet please?

Peter

mt007

Hi guys,
more news:

FR24 Receiver.
Price - including shipping & handling - €460 (Equipment is shipped from Germany as Deutsche Post letter).
VAT €115
Total €575

FR24 Receiver + ModeS antenna + 5 m coax cable.
Price - including shipping & handling - €524 (Equipment is shipped from Germany as Deutsche Post letter).
VAT €131
Total €655

FR24 Receiver + ModeS antenna + 10 m coax cable.
Price - including shipping & handling - €540 (Equipment is shipped from Germany as Deutsche Post letter).
VAT €135
Total €675

Regards
Miguel Teixeira
Beast user, Ex: SBS1er and RB, PP sharer aH Live Traffic

Bethsalem

Wow!

Those are eye-watering prices!!

I think I'll stick with my Dongles for the moment.

???

kered

I'd rather buy a new sbs-3 and a couple of dongles for spare and get pi**es on the change.

IanH

They are restricting MLAT to just using these boxes. At that price, coverage could be a bit thin!

Ian

EDLM

Quote from: kered on April 22, 2013, 06:51:39 PM
I'd rather buy a new sbs-3 and a couple of dongles for spare and get pi**es on the change.

I bought a SBS3 which cost me 650€, So for extras you wont have much over.  :) :P

satcom

Quote from: IanH on April 22, 2013, 10:40:43 PM
They are restricting MLAT to just using these boxes. At that price, coverage could be a bit thin!

Ian

There is a misconception that mlat only needs three receiver ground stations to cover a large area.

In practice scores of GS are required to cover a small country like England , and each fix needs at least five of those GS to see the target...otherwise ambiguous plots may result.

Planeplotter's Mlat uses over 250 GS for the UK alone , split into a dozen  automatic sectors !

K9 Spike

Quote from: birdie on March 01, 2013, 06:25:04 AM
My Free FR24 receiver have arrived and on the air for the last 2 weeks.

Enjoy watching F-WSSS1 into South China Sea ( not West Philippines sea ), West coast of Singkawang ( West Coast of West Borneo)  and the Bangka Belitung  Islands North of Jakarta.
Is it easy To setup..   :-[

Anmer

Quote from: K9 Spike on July 27, 2014, 04:56:36 PM
Is it easy To setup..   :-[

The FR24 receiver is not for sale.  The Radarcape is similar and is "plug and play" but doesn't include any user software.
Here to Help.