Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:05:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Free Data Sharing - No Longer Supported

Started by Anmer, January 30, 2012, 06:14:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keef

Hi,

I'd already tried that, it shows my status as 'Not Active', see piccy...

[Attachment deleted by Admin to save file space]

Anmer

Did you first create an account using the link I posted?
Here to Help.

Keef

Yup, I had already done that using the same email address I used when registering SBS1 Client with you.

Anmer

OK, let me find out what's happening.
Here to Help.

Anmer

Here to Help.

Keef

Hi again,

Thanks, whatever you've done it seems to have made a difference.
I can sign in and the site shows me a a 'Premium' member and 'Active'.

However when I go to my account settings it shows my feed status as:

Radar: N-EGWU1 Status: Offline Last upload: 2012-08-16 12:24:31, see attached picture.

I've RDPd back in to my home PC and verified the SBS1 Client software is uploading data so nit sure why that would be...

Thanks for persevering with me on this!

Cheers, Keef.

Anmer

It was Piotr who fixed it.

Since the Premium was a beta I didn't make an announcement.  But I do know that the Status = Offline can be ignored as it only applies to direct feeds.  But it does confuse.

I'm just the messenger.   :-\
Here to Help.

Keef

My thanks to Piotr and 'the messenger' too  :)

Cheers,

Keef.

Keef

Hi again,

I'm really not doing this to increase my post count or to criticise, but I do have another comment...

The PDF says:

"It's recommended that you save the SBS1 Client files in a new folder and run the Client from there"

When I did this I got an error message about ftd2xx.dll being missing.
I've got the ftd2xx.dll in my system32 and Basestation directories, and I think I've properly registered the System32 ftd2xx.dll (but maybe not?).
Putting the SBS1 Client files in the same directory as Basestation (with its own ftd2xx.dll of course) and running it from there resolved the issue.

Thanks for all the help to get me this far.

Cheers,

Keef.

Anmer

I run SBS1 Client from a directory of just five files (and have many such directories for earlier versions and testing):

libcurl.dll
sbs1c.exe
sbs1c.ini
sbs1upd.exe
sbs1xxx.exe

Not that this means there isn't an issue, but I don't recall anyone else reporting this issue.

What version of Windows are you running and is Basestation installed in a default location?
Here to Help.

Keef

Hiya

I'm on Win 7 Pro 64 bit and have Basestation installed in:

C:\Virtual Radar\Basestation

I initially tried running SBS1 Client running from a new folder:

C:\Virtual Radar\SBS_Client

but when I got the error message I just copied the files into the main Basestation directory and all was then well.

Cheers,

Keef.

Keef

Hi again,

I wasn't sure whether to post this here or in the FD section, so apologies if it's in the wrong place.

I might be doing something wrong but I think there is a discrepancy between the new_mms.pdf instructions and actual operation.

The pdf says:

"If an add-on uses port 30003 data and you're running the patched BaseStation, it must use port 49003 instead if No PP Feed is selected. If PP Feed Enabled is selected, port 30003 is available to up to 10 concurrent applications.
The FD7.dat file for Flight Display 7.8 can be edited (line 58) and the Virtual Radar Server add-on allows the port to be selected under Options."

I have the PP Feed Enabled radio button selected and Virtual Radar Server connects OK on port 30003, however Flight Display wouldn't connect using the same port (regardless of whether VRS was running or not).

When I say it wouldn't connect what was happening was FD would run/start OK but always say 'Waiting for Data' when I selected an aircraft in BaseStation.

I edited the FD7.dat file to use port 49003 and FD started communicating again.
As I read it with 'PP Feed Enabled' I should have been able to leave FD7 at its default (30003) port, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I was originally running FD 7.92 and upgraded to 7.93, but neither worked on the default port of 30003, so maybe there is some difference between 7.8 and 7.9?
I wasn't able to test with FD 7.8 as I can't find a local copy of the installation exe.

Attached screenshot shows my settings for SBS1 Client.

All is working well here so I'm happy. I'm also grateful for all the effort that goes in to providing add-ons to support the hobby we enjoy  :)

Cheers,

Keef.

Anmer

Have you "patched" Basestation?
Here to Help.

Keef

Yup,

BaseStation is patched.

Anmer

Thanks Keef

I have just tested Flight Display running with patched and unpatched versions of Basestation.

Using an unpatched version of Basestation, Flight Display works correctly using port 30003.

Closing FD and Basestation, I then started a patched version of Basestation having selected "No PP Feed" in SBS1 Client.  I then launched FD which displayed an error "No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:30003".  I closed FD and edited the FD7.dat file to change the port to 49003.  Relaunched FD and it worked as expected.

I then closed FD and Basestation and stopped SBS Client.  I selected "PP Feed Enabled" and restarted SBS1 Client and launched a patched version of Basestation.  I edited the FD7.dat to use port 30003 and launched FD.  On selecting an aircraft, FD just showed "Waiting for Data".

Closed FD and changed back to port 49003 and relaunched FD and it worked.

I will have to contact Piotr as it looks like the original conditions are no longer valid which may have occured when he updated SBS1 Client to handle the SBS-3 and the later versions of Basestation.

Thanks for finding this.  I'll post and update as soon as I hear back from Piotr.
Here to Help.