Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 09:04:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

SBS1eR and RasberryPi?

Started by tiga1050, October 27, 2017, 01:04:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tiga1050

Hi,
Returning to virtual radar after some years away to discover there have been so many developments I wonder if I'll ever catch up?
Anyway, I have pretty much decided to put together a RasberryPi / Prostick setup as I would like to contribute a feed and wouldn't mind leaving a RPi running 24/7 whereas I'm not keen for my main computer to be on unattended.
I wondered if, as I still have an SBS1eR, whether it could feed the RPi or is the USB interface completely different?
Some advice would be very welcome.
Thanks.

Anmer

I'm not aware of any software running on the RPi that can process data from your SBS-1eR.

If you get an RPi and Pro Stick, you use that set up to share data with numerous tracking services and run VRS and similar apps from it.
Here to Help.

tiga1050

I expected that would be the case but didn't want to miss an opportunity due to my lack of knowledge.
I know I can use the SBS1eR and Base Station to feed data to Plane Plotter but I should like to feed data to another tracking service as well. I'll get the Prostick ordered.
Thanks for your help Anmer.

Anmer

You can share data from PlanePlotter but you'd have to run the PC.  The joy of an RPi/DVB-T SDR (such as the Pro Stick) is you can let it run 24x7.
Here to Help.

Nigel

If you'd still like to use Basestation to display the data from an RPi - Pro Stick setup that can be achieved quite simply using ModeSMixer2

Nigel