Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:42:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

info upload db

Started by ik2zlj, September 17, 2020, 10:39:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ik2zlj

Hello to the whole group my name is Matteo, I wanted to ask you this, I made an acarsdeco2 with a raspberry pi3 it works well but I noticed that a lot of information is missing I am attaching a photo of what I receive ... I wanted to know if you can tell me how to keep updated the database without having to install other sw on the raspberry. thanks a lot to everyone
Matteo

[attachment deleted reduce file load]

Anmer

Welcome.

What aircraft database do you use for the data?
Here to Help.

ik2zlj

Hello Thank you for replying, I installed the original acarsdec2 sw and downloaded a db vrs in .db format and I entered the path when starting the sw ... but I see that it is not correct for the identifying ICAOs and I cannot do display silhouettes.

Anmer

Thanks.

Your receiver will detect new aircraft that are not in the database.  After 15 years, I detect new aircraft everyday and have to update the database.

You will have to do the same.  And store logos locally that are linked to the database.

Is the database on your RPi?
Here to Help.

ik2zlj

Thanks Anmer sorry for the delay in answering, then the only thing I have on the rpi is a BaseStation.sql file that I have in the / home / pi folder to which I have made a link on the starting file --db path / .. .. I then put a logo file and one with the silhouettes but when I view the aircraft on the web page I always have some? ..... 
Thanks for your help

Anmer

If you have the Basestation.sqb file on your RPi, it will need constant updating to add new aircraft data.  Where are your logo files kept?

The BaseStation.sqb file will need a record in the OperatorFlagCode field, typically three characters but can be more, for example BAW for British Airways.  This is used to find a matching bmp file, "BAW.bmp" in an OperatorFlags folder.  If you see some logos you must have them stored somewhere local.
Here to Help.

ik2zlj

Thanks then now I see the operator's logo I put some bmp files that I downloaded and put in a local folder that I called banners, I did the same thing with the silhouettes but they still don't come out I always have a? ..... some routes come out I always put a file called route locally and some I see others not ... but I can ask a question is there not the possibility of having a complete online database?
thanks Matteo

Anmer

Try putting some silhouettes in the same "banners" folder?

Quoteis there not the possibility of having a complete online database?

I'm not aware of one that local applications can access.  The nearest thing you can get is FlightRadar24 or FlightAware feeding.  But those have limitations.
Here to Help.

s92driver

Quote from: ik2zlj on September 25, 2020, 06:02:49 PM
Thanks then now I see the operator's logo I put some bmp files that I downloaded and put in a local folder that I called banners, I did the same thing with the silhouettes but they still don't come out I always have a? ..... some routes come out I always put a file called route locally and some I see others not ... but I can ask a question is there not the possibility of having a complete online database?
thanks Matteo

Matteo, is this what you are possibly looking for?  It's a fully populated sqb file that will automatically display a suitable bmp file related to the aircraft picked up.  You will need both the sqb file and the associated sideviews (operator logos).

A new and up to date sqb file will be produced on a monthly basis.

https://radarspotting.com/forum/index.php/topic,11872.0.html

Regards,
Steve