Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 06:08:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Help with networking SBS-1er

Started by egnx, August 22, 2018, 10:12:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anmer

Thanks for trying those checks.

I've sent you an email with a link and instructions to reset the Lantronix device.

Please try the reset.
Here to Help.

Maxie39

Okay I will try it, thank you. I will let you know.

Maxie39

I've run the steps and now it works! Thank you very much for the quick replies on this old thread.

Anmer

Quote from: Maxie39 on October 15, 2021, 03:11:40 PM
I've run the steps and now it works! Thank you very much for the quick replies on this old thread.

Great to hear it now works.

Just needed to eliminate other issues first.
Here to Help.

alpha60uk

Hi all,

I am successfully using my SBS-1er with ethernet via my router but would like to share with other PCs on my network i understand this can be done using software called Multi-EM from jetvision but it seems they have moved on and no longer sell it is there anywhere else I can get a copy or is there and alternative?

Thanks in advance
Dean

Anmer

Welcome Dean.

Unfortunately Multi-EM "disappeared" many years ago.

Do you plan to run Basestation simultaneously on your other, local PCs?

ModeSMixer might be a suitable alternative?
Here to Help.

alpha60uk

yes I do, thanks Anmer I will explore modeSmixer

alpha60uk

Hi again Anmer this is confusing me do i have to run modesmixer2 on both PCs or just on the one that hosts the SBS-1ER

Thanks

Dean

Anmer

I've not used this myself (others here are more experienced) but I think you only need to run ModeSMixer on one PC.  Configure ModeSMixer2 to get data from the PC running Basestation using the SBS-1eR input.  Then set Basestation running on the other PCs and connect (as Network) to the PC running ModeSMixer2.
Here to Help.

Triple7

Anmer is correct. You only need to run MSM2 on one PC, either the one you run BaseStation on or another one on the same network.

In essence MSM2 picks up the output from your SBS (192.168.1.170 is the defualt IP addrerss) and rebroadcasts it on the network so any PC running BaseStation pointing at the MSM2 feed will run as though it is connected directly to your SBS.

I've been running mine that way for years and it runs flawlessly!

Good luck.

Tim
SBS-1eR, FA ProStick + 1090 filter

Anmer

Quote from: Triple7 on January 28, 2022, 07:40:42 AM
In essence MSM2 picks up the output from your SBS (192.168.1.170 is the defualt IP addrerss) and rebroadcasts it on the network so any PC running BaseStation pointing at the MSM2 feed will run as though it is connected directly to your SBS.

Thanks Tim.

For my benefit, does MMS2 get the data direct from the receiver or from Basestation?
Here to Help.

Faramir

My MSM2 gets the data direct from the SBS-1. However, first I connected BaseStation directly to the SBS-1 via the network connection to get the green network LED on the SBS-1 to turn on. Then set BaseStation to the IP address from the MSM2 machine and started MSM2.

alpha60uk

Thanks Faramir that explains it better I will give it a go

Dean

alpha60uk

Hi again guys trying to get this to work I have modesmixer2 on the host PC

this is my bat file

@echo off
cmd /c c:/modeSmixer2/modesmixer2.exe --inConnect 192.168.1.170:30005 --inConnect 127.0.0.1:30005 --outServer sbs10001:10001 --outServer msg:30003
PAUSE
exit

doesn't seem to work any idea what I am doing wrong?

thanks in advance

Dean

Triple7

Hi Dean,

Your --inconnect ports are wrong! You can remove your '--inConnect 192.168.1.170:30005 --inConnect 127.0.0.1:30005 --outServer msg:30003' commands and replace with:

--inConnect 192.168.1.170:10001 --outServer sbs10001:10001

That should get you going.

And my apologies if my previous answer didn't explain things very well.

Tim
SBS-1eR, FA ProStick + 1090 filter