Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 09:54:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Radarcape, SBS3 substitute?

Started by gcopter1, July 19, 2019, 09:52:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gcopter1

Lately, my installation of PlanePlotter has run afoul again. After months of trouble free use, I've now began to have problem with data sharing.
As far as I know, I have not changed any settings in my virtual machine or router settings, firewall, ports etc.
I'm tired of chasing my tail, logging into my router, trying different settings, etc.
I can still get info from the FA stick, I can display that data in my browser no problem, also on PP but for some reason when I run the checks, PP is not receiving or sharing my data.

So I began looking around for an all in one solution, or, at least, and ads-b receiver with it's own computer.
Years ago, I used to own an SBS3, sold it, regrettably, but now it is no longer available.
I noticed Jetvision still makes something, Radarcape (whatever happened to the Pucks?).

Anyone here using Radarcape?

Anmer

Quote from: gcopter1 on July 19, 2019, 09:52:18 PM
Anyone here using Radarcape?

I have one that I use to replace the failed FR24 receiver.

My personal view is it's an expensive option and can't see why you can't get PlanePlotter running from your FlightAware Pro Stick.

Has your local network changed the IP address of the Pro Stick?
Here to Help.

gcopter1

No, it hasn't. It was running fine up until I got the e-mail from PP saying I wasn't doing what was necessary to maintain my GS/MU status. I then proceeded to do the networking tests, which of course failed.

I mean, ever since the last time I posted here requesting assistance to set it all up, it was running fine.
I had followed the instructions to give the receiver a static IP and everything so, I was puzzled by what had changed.

I am now back to researching everything and start from scratch.
I'm just really aggravated by all this and thought, perhaps, getting me another receiver, such as the Radarcape, would solve the networking problems.

Hook it up to the ethernet and be up and running trouble free...or so me thinks?

Anmer

Does PlanePlotter show your local traffic?  Ignoring the GS/MU satatus for the moment.
Here to Help.