Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

December 05, 2021, 07:46:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 61349
  • Total Topics: 13636
  • Online Today: 43
  • Online Ever: 164
  • (August 20, 2021, 01:02:40 AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 30
Total: 34

Latest Post

Latest File

Author Topic: hOW DO i GET RID OF mCaFEE FROM MY pc?  (Read 897 times)

Offline Roadrunner

hOW DO i GET RID OF mCaFEE FROM MY pc?
« on: July 22, 2018, 11:17:32 AM »

Hi All,

I had to buy a new base unit in May due to the old one giving up the ghost and it came with McAfee pre-installed. This has continually interfered with both updates for Plane Base and Plane Plotter and caused hours of aggravation. I  have tried to completely delete it from my PC and while I thought I had succeeded via the remove Apps screen, a few items still appear to remain on the drive. I tried to delete these from the Windows Explorer window but appears not to be allowed by the systm as it either says I have no authority to do so or the file is open in another program - close it and try again.

The only recourse I seemed to have was to go into "Task Manager" and see what is open.
It showed the following files as running.

McAfee protection
McAfee Firewall service
McAfee CSP service host
McAfee
Management service (appears twice)
[/size][/color]
McAfee
Validation service (appears twice)

Every time I use the End task option on the above entries they come back up within seconds

I have also had McAfee Live Safe appear in my Apps list in the last few days but the Modify or Uninstall options are greyed out.

I also looked to see if McAfee appears in the start menu but I cant see it in there.

I can normally deal with adding and amending programs although my computer skills are not that great, but all the advice I can find on line is way over my head and involves interfering with the Registry, something I am loath to try unaided…..

Anyone else got any ideas I can try, with step by step instructions, before I pull out the little hair I have left.

Best Regards

Mike

Offline Roadrunner

Re: hOW DO i GET RID OF mCaFEE FROM MY pc?
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2018, 04:22:01 PM »

Thanks Mike,

Will give that a go after ive backup later today

Mike

Offline Roadrunner

Re: hOW DO i GET RID OF mCaFEE FROM MY pc?
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2018, 05:51:55 PM »
Mike,
Further to my recent message. Had a chance quicker than I thought to put your link to the test. It worked and no signs of McAfee on my PC now.
I must have looked at loads of links I searched for myself, I obviously wasn't using the correct search names.

I will keep that linkhandy.

Thanks again Mike