Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 05, 2024, 11:47:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Radarspotting.com "The connection has timed out"

Started by jakems, June 10, 2019, 01:19:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jakems

Since early last week I have been getting the above message  when ever I try to access this site. As all other sites I use were working I thought it must be this site. Since then I have tried 3 browsers with the same problem. My laptop does not work either. One system is Windows 10 with no updates applied recently, the other is Vista. I then tried on my phone using WiFi and it works and had obviously been working. Any ideas or has something changed with the site?
Steve

Anmer

Hi Steve

I'm sorry to hear you've had problems accessing the site.

There have been no recent changes and the daily stats show consistent page views and we're still getting new members.  No one else has reported a similar issue.

It's possible the forum hosting company has blocked your public IP address.  Can you send me a PM with your public address and I'll check with the hosting company.

Mike

Here to Help.

Graham Bell

jakems

Hi. Thanks Anmer for your update. I have managed to resolve the problem. I decided to try doing a nslookup on my RPi to see if Radarspotting.com resolved OK and it said temporary failure resolving. As my DNS lookups are handled by my router I rebooted it and everything is now working. I have no idea why the only site I could not get to was radarspotting.com, I am just glad it is working now.. Thanks again.
Steve

jakems

Hi Graham.

My ISP is BT, a reboot of my HomeHub5 has done the trick.
Steve

Anmer

Thanks for the update Steve.

Glad everything's resolved now.
Here to Help.