Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 15, 2024, 04:54:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

RTL. SDR. Dongle and Flightaware Pro stick Plus

Started by G-CONC, November 29, 2019, 12:48:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G-CONC

I have just finished installing windows 10 on PC and Laptop. I have 2 dongles RTL-SDR and  Flightaware pro stick plus after using the zadig driver on each dongle I checked the device manager... The Flightaware is listed as RTL2832U and the RTL-SDR dongle as a bulk in, Interface. Is this correct?

Anmer

What software do you use with each SDR?  I assume, since you've installed Zadig, that you are using a Windows application?
Here to Help.

G-CONC

Well haven't decided yet, I was using RB24 but now have an X-Range box that by bypasses the PC. So do you mean that if I use the 2 dongles 1 for flightaware and the other for Flight Radar24 with my Pi I do not need the zadig drivers. If you miss understood me, I wanted to know if you think that the dongles were working, as The flightaware will connect to RB24 but the RTL-SDR will not connect to RB24?

Anmer

Quote from: G-CONC on November 30, 2019, 03:08:45 AM
So do you mean that if I use the 2 dongles 1 for flightaware and the other for Flight Radar24 with my Pi I do not need the zadig drivers.

In a word - Yes.

If you want to feed either or both FlightAware and FR24, you won't be able to use the SDR "dongles" with your PC.  Both of these flight tracking services have discontinued their Windows based data sharing apps.  Instead you must use appropriate software running on a Raspberry Pi.  But you can use your PC to view the data from the RPi.

If you dig around, you will find options to feed both of these services off a single SDR and RPi.
Here to Help.

abcd567

Quote from: Anmer on November 30, 2019, 07:40:02 AM
If you dig around, you will find options to feed both of these services off a single SDR and RPi.

Bake a Pi