Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 15, 2024, 06:51:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

AD Lite Problem

Started by flynik12, March 31, 2020, 05:05:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flynik12

Hello i have AD Lite installed and i have the Base Station Software installed.
I have set in Base Station Software Hardware Setting Network my local ip adress of my Virtual Radar Server and Port 31001
In AD Lite i have set in Settings Receiver my local ip adress of my Virtual Radar Server and Port 31001
In Virtual Radar Server i have set an new Rebroadcast Server format BaseStation port 3301
When i klick Start in AD Lite i have this Error

Conversion from string ""to type 'Integer' is not valid.

My Setup Pi3 to Lapptop with Virtual Radar Server

Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks for help

Nik

[attachment deleted reduce file load]

Anmer

You sent me a personal message on the same topic which I answered befor I saw this post.

My advice is to post "open" messages where more people can see the question and improvs your chance of getting useful replies.
Here to Help.

flynik12

My advice is to post "open" messages where more people can see the question and improvs your chance of getting useful replies.

I don't know how.

Anmer

Quote from: flynik12 on April 01, 2020, 05:04:31 AM
I don't know how.

You do. You just posted a message.  And one before.

How are you using AD Lite?  As I mentioned in my PM reply, you can only use it to manually update an aircraft record in the BaseStation.sqb file.  You can't "auto populate".
Here to Help.

flynik12

OK i will AD Lite to show me AC wenn i click the play Button as AD Pro
He show me my Planes in my Basestation but with an Error.
I will manually update my Basestation.sqb but in my old AD Pro i have see live the Planes from Virtual Radar Server.
is no longer possible with AD Lite?

Anmer

Quote from: flynik12 on April 02, 2020, 05:58:25 AM
...... but in my old AD Pro i have see live the Planes from Virtual Radar Server.

Sorry I don't understand what you mean?  AD Pro (and Lite) worked with two applications - the Gatwick Aviation Society's (GAS) remote database (to download an aircraft's data) and the local BaseStation.sqb database (to update an aircraft record).  I was unaware it worked with VRS, other than VRS shared the BaseStation.sqb data.

Now the GAS remote server (and database) is no longer available, if you run auto-populate you'll get an error when AD Lite tries to connect to the server.

Basically, all AD Lite now offers is an easy tool to manually update the BaseStation.sqb file.
Here to Help.

flynik12

OK Let me explain how I mean this.
In AD Pro the Play Button show me the Live Data from my Virtual Radar Server. AD Pro as unkown Aircarft in a new Area set. And i update this Planes manually.
The Globe has oben the BaseStations.sqb an you have many Aerea seen.
I think AD Lite can´t show me my Live Data from my Virtual Radar Server.
This Pic is from 01.01.2020 my Lapptop was still working.

Nik

Anmer

Thank you.

Because I don't have AD Pro I can't compare the functionality with AD Lite.

Have you asked the same question on the VRS forum?  Maybe someone these can help?
Here to Help.

Nigel

Did you have Basestation running at the same time as VRS on your PC, with VRS using the feed from Basestation? AD Pro would typically be linked to your Basestation database (Basestation.sqb) as Anmer suggests. You can direct VRS to use the same database, therefore, any auto-populates to your Basestation.sqb that AD Pro completed would eventually be reflected in your VRS display, but they are arising indirectly from Basestation. I used to have something similar when my AD Pro was active.

Nigel

flynik12

Quote from: Anmer on April 03, 2020, 08:07:16 AM
Thank you.

Because I don't have AD Pro I can't compare the functionality with AD Lite.

Have you asked the same question on the VRS forum?  Maybe someone these can help?

No I did not

flynik12

i had AD Pro but my Lapptop has an HDD Crash all my Data from AD Pro License was lost.
Alternatively i found AD Lite and i had hoped the minimal same functinality AD Pro
In AD Pro dosen´t need the Programm Base Station.
In AD Lite i need Base Station Programm for start AD Lite.

Informationen über das Aufrufen von JIT-Debuggen
anstelle dieses Dialogfelds finden Sie am Ende dieser Meldung.

************** Ausnahmetext **************
System.InvalidCastException: Conversion from string "" to type 'Integer' is not valid. ---> System.FormatException: Die Eingabezeichenfolge hat das falsche Format.
   bei Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ParseDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)
   bei Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToInteger(String Value)
   --- Ende der internen Ausnahmestapelüberwachung ---
   bei Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToInteger(String Value)
   bei ActiveDisplayLite.ActiveDisplayLiteForm.TCPStart()
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

The BaseStation.sqb Source i have set to my Virtual Radar Folder in Base Station Programm, AD Lite and i have set an new Rebroadcast Server for the Data Stream with BaseStation Format for AD Lite.
I have no more ideas.

Nik

Nigel

Hi Nik

Thanks for the clarification. I used to get a similar error message with AD Pro (see attached), and from what I recall, it was because I had updated my Basestation.sqb file using PBlink as well as getting AD to auto-populate any gaps in it. AD Pro didn't like some of the data added to the database by PBlink. I used to restart AD and it would run for a variable amount of time before the error message cropped up again.

In VRS are you using the Database Writer Plugin? This should be avoided if you are using the Basestation program and/or any other program that might update the Basestation.sqb.

I was given advice by someone on the forum on how to clean up my Basestation.sqb so that it was fine with AD.

I have never tried rebroadcasting data from VRS to AD. I didn't know that you could do that. Why would you need to if you are running the Basestation programme and link that to AD Lite, and also feed the data from the Basestation programme for display in VRS. Both Basestation and VRS will present the same data in different styles, and AD Lite will provide a record of the aircraft seen. Obviously auto-populate is no longer working in AD Lite due to the problems with the GAS website, however, AD Lite will identify any gaps in your database for manual populating, as suggested by Anmer.

Apologies if I have misunderstood something here

Nigel

Nigel

Hi Nik

A further question - How are you setting up AD Lite to receive the rebroadcast data from VRS? What is the Database path? It was my understanding that AD Lite only uses a Basestation.sqb file

Thanks

flynik12

Sorry that I am only now writing.
I was stressed at work.
I set the local IP from my Virtual Radar Sever my Database path is the Virtua Radar Server folder.
If I can't do it, I won't.
Then another alternative to AD Pro must be found.
Thanks for help

Nik