Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 04, 2024, 05:11:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

Calling all Mac Parallels / VM users advice needed ref: ACARS / audio issues

Started by BigRed, July 21, 2012, 03:38:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigRed

I have been a long term Mac user and have been using Parallels VM software for a long time primarily using Win XP for this hobby.

I utilise two SBS3's with seperate IP addresses for both PP and BS. From this point of view both work in speration very well.

However, the audio side of things for this hobby has not overally been very successful - and Im stumped  :-\

I cannot get ACARS to work in PP  let alone PP utilising the SBS3 SDR (and yes I have told it to control etc) and with BS what little audio I recive from the SDR side of the house is primarily static. And no it isnt my antenna.

Yet using winradio - no problem - with both recieving general radio traffic and ACARS.

With BS / SDR little success (static) and with PP nothing!

Before anyone asks, io-settings with both PP and BS are correct and everything is etherneted on seperate IP addresses.
I have used stero audio cables - this didnt work at all (IMac has ineternal audio speakers).

Therefore, it is my opinion I have a VMware setting issue regarding audio - though when watching a video / music is fine.

Can I ask other VMware users what they have done and trouble shoot?

Something isn't adding up for me.....  ???