Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 07:16:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

London double decker bus does push-ups

Started by Anmer, July 23, 2012, 02:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anmer

"A London bus has been transformed into an exercising artwork that can perform push-ups.

Artist David Cerny created The London Booster by attaching huge arms, suspension mechanics and adding groaning sound effects to the 1957 double decker bus."

Since the BBC moved north it's lost all sense of reality.

I've never seen a London Bus built on a Bristol chassis?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-18952423
Here to Help.

Roadrunner

Sorry Anmer,  LT had a B class which was built on a Bristol chassis just after the war but they had Park Royal bodywork and looked nothing like trditional bristol. I also think they had a small fleet of buses for use in the Tilbury area as bike ferries that were based on Bristols but can't put my hand on the relevant details at present.

Mike

Ian K

It's painted red so it must be a London bus ;D you are right though , no Bristol chassis buses worked in London
Sorry didn't see Mike's reply
Ian

Anmer

Thanks Mike but I'll stick with my quote:

"I've never seen a London Bus built on a Bristol chassis?"

:)
Here to Help.

Anmer

Here to Help.

Anmer

BBC has updated the news item.  ;D

"A bus has been transformed into an exercising artwork that can perform push-ups.

Artist David Cerny created The London Booster by attaching huge arms, suspension mechanics and adding groaning sound effects to the 1957 double decker bus."

Here to Help.

IanH

Anmer

The great thing about the Bristols was the upper deck could have a middle isle unlike the other "low bridgers" that had the aisle on the right and a 4 seater bench upstairs.
Here to Help.

Anmer

Here to Help.

Saudistu

......so, how many on here will own up to not only being Aviation Enthusiasts, but also having or having had an interest in other forms of Transport, specifically Buses and Trains down the years ?

Anmer

I'll admit to collecting bus numbers in the late 50's  :-[

Then I started spotting girls.  :)
Here to Help.

Ian K

Never been a spotter but being from London I have always had an interest in buses and the tube
I have a vast collection of model buses and built a model railway
Ian

Saudistu

I admit to having at times spotted both Buses and Trains (aswell as Aircraft). The buses started after I started spotting Aircraft. Basically a mate had already started spotting buses and I kind of got roped into that as we used to get the 400 bus to Manchester Airport from Bolton. Later we took another lad along who we were at school with who was also a train spotter, and he wanted to get off at Guide Bridge to log the Class 76s etc that stabled there, so I got into that for a while until I joined the RAF and gave up overnight. Same with Buses, but I never stopped spotting Aircraft.

So, who can help with this Bus that I clearly remember more than thirty years later. It was a Greater Manchester Bus and at this time (late 70s at a guess) used to be on the 501 service quite a lot in Bolton. It was numbered 4169, the depot code AM for Altrincham even though it was now based in Bolton. I think a few others also came to Bolton. I remember it for lovely curved corners, not like the Atlanteans and Northern Counties or MCW types. It also had "knobs" you could move for vents on the upper deck in the forward set of seats.