Welcome to Radarspotting. Please login or sign up.

May 06, 2024, 02:16:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Members

New Members

You should get an activation email when you join.  If not, please use the Contact option.

HEX: 091004 Callsign: BFLAB2

Started by rikgale, August 04, 2020, 09:43:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rikgale

Hi All

Got the above hit today at about 10:21 somewhere within about 120mn of Truro, Cornwall. I did not get a hit on location and only got a couple of Mode-S messages.

I have no idea how to go about investigating a miss-code or if this is just a spurious signal or even a real aircraft, so any help and guidance welcomed. I have checked AIRFRAMES.org and google.

Many thanks,
Richard

Auto updated daily ZIP files on GitHub

Anmer

Hi Richard

If it was a spurios message, which it appears, the chances of tracking the source are usually zero.

BFLAB2 doesn't show up in FlightAware, which often shows unusual flight IDs.  And the hex code isn't assigned to a country.

These days, unlike 15 years ago, there are many websites tracking flights and entering just the flight ID in Google can often find a result, assuming the ID is a genuine flight.  I use Airframes.org as a first stop for hex codes,  It can identify the assigned country even if the database doesn't have a record for the specific code.

I checked my BaseStation.sqb and I don't have the flight ID or hex recorded.

Sounds like a spurious message.
Here to Help.

rikgale

Thanks Anmer. I will pop it down a spurious ident in my database. I enjoy the reseasch, but when I get a callsign I do often wonder if there is was more behind it, hence asking someone at the end of a fruitless search... confirmation is always welcome.

Again many thanks
Richard

Auto updated daily ZIP files on GitHub